So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My barleywine just came to a boil, two hour boil time and it is already 110 degrees in my kitchen. I am sucking down these homebrew hefeweizens like crazy and it is only noon.

Just transferred the wort to the boil kettle. Making a Rustic Rye Saison, inspired by The Mad Fermentationist. Made a few alterations to fit my system and locally sourced ingredients. Will hit it with WLP565 Saison I yeast in the primary then transfer to secondary with WLP645 Brett C. This is my first time using Brett and I am very excited about it!

Just transferred the wort to the boil kettle. Making a Rustic Rye Saison, inspired by The Mad Fermentationist. Made a few alterations to fit my system and locally sourced ingredients. Will hit it with WLP565 Saison I yeast in the primary then transfer to secondary with WLP645 Brett C. This is my first time using Brett and I am very excited about it!

Reads to be an interesting brew. Haven't ventured in saison territory yet. What brew styles do you favor drinking?

Just about to start sparging my new recipe for an IPA. Using FWHs for the first time in an IPA. Have been really liking FWH in everything except maybe a porter, but the porter isn't quite ready for drinking yet so I might change my mind.

Barleywine in the fermenter and cleaned up. 1.096 OG and 4.5 oz hops in the boil for a 3 gallon batch. A couple of times I almost passed out. When i am sipping this next February maybe it will be as warming as it is today.

Horseballs said:
Barleywine in the fermenter and cleaned up. 1.096 OG and 4.5 oz hops in the boil for a 3 gallon batch. A couple of times I almost passed out. When i am sipping this next February maybe it will be as warming as it is today.

Here I got a rope jump in

ForumRunner_20120707_131200.jpg

Last minute BIAB Amber with Falconers Flight (bittering only). I've never used this hop before, but I gotta say the wort smells and tastes fantastic!

Brewing a blonde ale for the wife Tuesday.we are running low of bottled beer so its time to get busy!

Finally gonna get around to bottling my 60 shilling. Planned to last weekend, but the storm that swept through ruined that idea. And then if I have time I'll bottle my dry stout.

Just finished brewing a Belgian a few hours ago. It was my first partial mash. Airlock is already active. Great day.

spent the day brewing an iipa and watching trailer park boys with my brew partner. also cracked open some primo beers while we were at it.

it was hot and im exhausted. all in all a solid brew day. everything cleaned up and im drinkin an Ithaca groundbreaker before i hit the sack.

Brewed 10g's of wheat with a split yeast. 5g fermenting with a German wheat yeast and 5g with an American yeast. Should be interesting to see the differences.

Bottled my lime hacked wort kit and stepped up into my first extract recipe, an Irish stout! At worst it'll be my cooking beer but I'm hoping it'll turn out to be tasty!

I brewed a Dunkel Hefeweizen. The Hefeweizen was a kit the Dunkel was my hack with specialty grains. Looks like it will be good, if a bit low alcohol. I did the brewing with my 17 yo son for the first time and he didn't quite understand the need to know exactly how much water he was putting in. So, we ended up with a bit too much. Small price to pay for passing on brewing to the next generation.

Reads to be an interesting brew. Haven't ventured in saison territory yet. What brew styles do you favor drinking?

I've just started into Saison territory myself, I can't belive I've lived this long without knowing much about them. Have been trying to sample as many as possible and have a simple one in primary right now ready to bottle (last sample tasted amazing). I really liked the idea of adding Brett, I think this style lends itself to a lot of possibilities and interpretation. As far as favorite styles for drinking; well that changes from day to day. Latley I have been craving funk, but I still love roasty, malty, dry, hoppy, bready, you name it! If it's beer then chances are I'll like it.:tank:

I've just started into Saison territory myself, I can't belive I've lived this long without knowing much about them. Have been trying to sample as many as possible and have a simple one in primary right now ready to bottle (last sample tasted amazing). I really liked the idea of adding Brett, I think this style lends itself to a lot of possibilities and interpretation. As far as favorite styles for drinking; well that changes from day to day. Latley I have been craving funk, but I still love roasty, malty, dry, hoppy, bready, you name it! If it's beer then chances are I'll like it.:tank:

Tried a few Saison styles and the one that "stuck" for me was Saison De Lente. DId a brew search a while back in an attempt to find one that SWMBO would like. Long story short, pale ales are more to her liking (finishing a full 12 oz) and mine are IPAs.

Drinking a Jai Alai at the moment til the next batch is ready. That's the only downside with brewing smaller (3.5 gallon) batches. Batch runs out too soon since I like to share. :mug:

I just brewed my Ella Mae IPA. Working the bugs out of it. 5 ounces of Cascade, 2 of Centennial, 1 of Willamette. 7.5 abv.

This weekend brewing a calypso citra pale ale experiment. Hoping to get that apple pear type fruity instead of grapefruit. Originally was gonna make a torpedo clone but I think I need a short break from the grapefruit juice. So I brew that next weekend instead!!

Just finished chilling my Arrogant Bastard. I ran out of beer to drink during the boil so I had to switch to wine...the horror!!:drunk:

I did my first AG BIAB on Monday - a 2.5 gallon batch of a Centennial Blonde, then I brewed a NB extract kit last night (Shining Star Pale Ale). Since NB is local to me, I'm going to their free intro class on Saturday - I figure I'll meet some folks and get a free pint glass out of it, should be fun. While I'm there I'm going to pick up the ingredients to do another BIAB batch, just haven't fully decided what to brew yet. I'm considering scaling down either the Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale or Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. My kids will be at my ex's house this weekend, so maybe I'll just get the ingredients for both and make it a brew-ha-ha weekend!

Latest posts

Back