Transport bottling off keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tek210

Reaction score
Have my first two kegs on tap and have to say I am really happy with the result. Looking to take a few grolsch bottles on some visits tomorrow. I am heading out about 9:15 for brunch. Not sure I will have any there but am going to a second dinner later on.

My question is can I pour the bottles off the tap in the morning or should I come back in between? How long will the grolsch hold the carbonation?

Can I keep a few ready in the fridge?

+1 ^^^ see the sticky in this forum.

I have a modified BMBG, and just bottled a case of 12-s in 20 minutes. Holds carbonation indefinitely. It's a straight section of racking cane with a carboy stopper on it. The bottle seals against the bottom of the large stopper, and simply rocking it releases pressure.

It's a beautiful thing!

Cool sticky on the homemade beer gun. I was looking more at how long the bottle would pressure. Sounds like it is indefinite.

Well, if you just open the tap and fill the bottles, the carbonation won't hold for very long. Maybe a day or two. But if you use a counterpressure bottle filler, that "holds" the co2 into the beer so it'll last indefinitely. I've bottled beers from the homemade beer gun (just like in the thread linked to) and the carbonation lasted for many months.

Well, if you just open the tap and fill the bottles, the carbonation won't hold for very long. Maybe a day or two. But if you use a counterpressure bottle filler, that "holds" the co2 into the beer so it'll last indefinitely. I've bottled beers from the homemade beer gun (just like in the thread linked to) and the carbonation lasted for many months.

If it has lasted for months, is it safe to say that it could last indefinitely? I don't see why it wouldn't stay carbonated forever.

Back