Hole in One!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurdyGood

Reaction score
I had to share this/gloat about this with as many people as possible! I hit my first hole-in-one yesterday! Hole #2 at Beacon Lakes, 125-yard par 3. Hit a knock-down shot with my 9-iron and aced it. Freaking beautiful. Came home and drank beer and cooked a beer-can chicken. Heck of a day! Has anyone else ever hit a hole-in-one? Let's hear the stories!

Nice job! I've been playing for nearly 30 years and have come close several times, but no dice.

I did get lucky once and dunk it from 100 yds on a par 4, but no ace.

EDIT- The odds of hitting a hole in one are estimated at anywhere from 25k-30k to 1.

Awesome!

I've never had one, but I did witness my Father-in-law sink one at Possum Trot in Myrtle Beach, SC. He got all sorts of stuff from the place.

Hell Brew, yes, that's the course. Not a long par 3 by any means, but an ace is an ace!

I have never hit a hole in one, But I DID go to a 129 Yard Par 3 at a local course here, I used my PW and I hit the Pin but it didn't go in. Was as close as I will ever get again probably. Congrats on you Hole in One though.

I know nothing about golf, but understand just how rare a hole-in-one is. It probably has much the equivalent odds of me luring a crushingly handsome gymnast into bed after I've puked on his shoes.

Oh, wait. I did that once. ;)

Regardless, CONGRATS on that accomplishment!!!

:ban:

I haven' t played in over a year but have been meaning to go again. I like that course when I want to play something nice, but if I am slumming it the La Marque course is awesome. It cost like $12 bucks with a cart and it is BYOB. You can even wear a sleeveless shirt in true whitetrash fashion. Just be sure to bring lots of extra balls, cause if you hit rough good luck finding it! This is making me want to go play. Once again congrats on the ACE!! You earned a banana!:ban: :ban:

Big congrats man. Never had one myself but I witnessed my father ace a 153y par 3 at Indian Harbor municipal. Very exciting

Hell Brew said:
I haven' t played in over a year but have been meaning to go again. I like that course when I want to play something nice, but if I am slumming it the La Marque course is awesome. It cost like $12 bucks with a cart and it is BYOB. You can even wear a sleeveless shirt in true whitetrash fashion. Just be sure to bring lots of extra balls, cause if you hit rough good luck finding it! This is making me want to go play. Once again congrats on the ACE!! You earned a banana!:ban: :ban:

Thanks again. La Marque, huh? What's the name of the course? The BYOB, $12 green fees, and white-trashiness sounds right up my alley. Yup, I figger so...

Virtuous said:
Big congrats man. Never had one myself but I witnessed my father ace a 153y par 3 at Indian Harbor municipal. Very exciting
+1 for your dad! And to you for being there. Exciting!

edit: Is it the Bayou Vista course in Texas City that you're talkin about? I think we're planning on playing that today! (weather permitting)

No it is the La Marque Municipal course. My buddy James and I go there to get hammered and smash golfballs. They also have the slowest golfcarts known to man. I think I could do the worm faster.

I've came close, very close to getting one about 10 years ago when I was in high school. It was a 140 yard par 3, elevated tee and I hit my shot which landed right in the hole (on the fly) then proceeded to bounce out! :mad:

Hell Brew said:
No it is the La Marque Municipal course. My buddy James and I go there to get hammered and smash golfballs. They also have the slowest golfcarts known to man. I think I could do the worm faster.
Where is this course located? I can't find it online. I gotta see this place now.

I believe it is off of Main Street coming from your direction you would take a right off of 45 and the course is on the right hand side.
EDIT:Google search said it was the Lakeview Country Club. The clubhouse actually has a slope in the floor so it feels all messed up when you walk on it.

:eek: I hijacked my own thread. Wow. Back to the hole-in-one (or the one that got away) stories. Let's hear 'em!

I once drove on a par 4 and hit three different trees and ended up with the ball back by my foot right beside the tee!! That's my only good golf story( I suck basically)

Never hit one myself, but was with my dad when he did. The thing was it was an ugggly shot. Topped the ball, and rolled up onto the green and into the cup. It sucks because I'm a much better golfer, but have never had the good fortune to accomplish what he did with a miss-hit, ugly shot.

I've come close a few times, hit the pin, left the ball a couple inches from the cup, but never sunk one. Isn't the rule for a hole-in-one that you have to buy a round of drinks for everyone in the clubhouse?

Back