What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m away from home, so I’m not really “cooking”, but I do have some yummy leftovers and no microwave. A chicken croquette and fried potato wedges in the foil.

Attachments

• 9977FDF9-FABA-40AE-9924-0B99FE6A7533.jpeg
    9977FDF9-FABA-40AE-9924-0B99FE6A7533.jpeg
    940 KB · Views: 0
I’m away from home, so I’m not really “cooking”, but I do have some yummy leftovers and no microwave. A chicken croquette and fried potato wedges in the foil.
Haha. Reminds me when I was a kid in the 80's. Seemed like every single scout master in the country was fascinated by cooking meals by sticking a foil pouch in the engine compartment. They had to try at least once. I don't hear of people doing this anymore.

Haha. Reminds me when I was a kid in the 80's. Seemed like every single scout master in the country was fascinated by cooking meals by sticking a foil pouch in the engine compartment. They had to try at least once. I don't hear of people doing this anymore.
What’s a little engine grime amount friends? (If the foil gets a little hole) If I recall, the dishwasher dry cycle was a place to cook as well! 😉 This morning I decided to have my leftover prime rib cool, and turned the mashed potatoes into potato soup with the the coffee maker.
The recipe:
.5 cup Mashed potatoes
Enough water to heat and thin about 5oz
A splash of half n half
A little salt and pepper would have been nice.IMG_3048.jpeg

You need to watch Matt's OffRoad Recovery on YouTube! :lol: They occasionally stick their lunch on the exhaust manifold....

Harvested 3.28 pounds of jerky from 6 pounds of 93/7 ground beef. Filled 2 half gallon jars and 1 quart jar, all vacuum-sealed now and good til it gets opened. AND so tasty.

IMG_3961.jpeg

What’s a little engine grime amount friends? (If the foil gets a little hole) If I recall, the dishwasher dry cycle was a place to cook as well! 😉 This morning I decided to have my leftover prime rib cool, and turned the mashed potatoes into potato soup with the the coffee maker.
The recipe:
.5 cup Mashed potatoes
Enough water to heat and thin about 5oz
A splash of half n half
A little salt and pepper would have been nice.View attachment 846486
You know that most hotels have microwaves.
Are you staying here?
1713204849283.jpeg

You need to watch Matt's OffRoad Recovery on YouTube! :lol: They occasionally stick their lunch on the exhaust manifold....

Harvested 3.28 pounds of jerky from 6 pounds of 93/7 ground beef. Filled 2 half gallon jars and 1 quart jar, all vacuum-sealed now and good til it gets opened. AND so tasty.

View attachment 846546
Ha! I do watch that channel. I prefer the old crew with Trevor etc.
That jerky looks delicious. I need to try making some. I've only made the regular, whole cut jerky, not the ground type.

Ha! I do watch that channel. I prefer the old crew with Trevor etc.
That jerky looks delicious. I need to try making some. I've only made the regular, whole cut jerky, not the ground type.
Yeah, we liked the old crew but the new crew has really grown on us and the quality of the video editing has definitely improved!

Our dentist told KOTC to quit eating "regular" jerky because it was really wearing on his molars and TMJ - so we started making this ground beef stuff. Easier to chew but every bit as tasty!

That's a familiar-looking Weber gas grill! We bought ours in 2009 and it's never missed a beat. It's seen plenty of use over the years too and survived 4 moves, so far!
Yes, they do seem to be built quite well. We bought this one summer of 2015 when we bought this house. The Weber has been rock-solid, no complaints at all. I also bought the natural gas conversion option since there was a gas line that was run to the back patio when the house was built in 1995. Shortly after we moved in I started brewing, and when I purchased my Blichmann burner I included the conversion kit for that too. That allows me to biab on the patio and not have to mess with tank fill ups or exchanges.

Dinner last night - slow roasted chicken breasts and baker spuds on the Big Green Egg. Cook temp was 250F until breasts hit inside temp of 170F (about an hour) The spuds stayed on about another 20-30 minutes until they were done. I'd have started these earlier than the chicken if I didn't have a conflict in the middle of the cooking.

Chicken was perfect and tender/juicy as a Costco rotisserie chicken. I had dry brined for 2 hours with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper - my favorite for chicken and Oak lump charcoal

IMG_5362.jpeg

Back