Need sime info in a yeast starter!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrewersgrimm44

Reaction score
I have been making yeast starters for almost all my beer's. When they have been completed I transfer them to a fully sanitized mason ball jar. After letting everything settle I put it in the fridge for storage until I brew. My question is there is three diff levels in the mason jar. Which level is the yeast?

thebrewersgrimm44 said:
I have been making yeast starters for almost all my beer's. When they have been completed I transfer them to a fully sanitized mason ball jar. After letting everything settle I put it in the fridge for storage until I brew. My question is there is three diff levels in the mason jar. Which level is the yeast?

The cleanish liquid level I believe is "wort" and then there is a small dark layer of deposit and a bigger lighter layer of deposit on the bottom. Will post pic. Wondering which is the yeast?

TrainSafe said:
The white stuff is your yeast.

I figured as much because every time I I do a second starter for the same yeast that is what seems to get larger in quantity. Thank for the help!!!!!

Back