carb tablets work well?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooman333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to bottle a case of my brew (ive only kegged so this will be my first attempt) I have some of those carbonating tablets. My question is... 1 per 12oz bottle? And can I hook my uncarbed keg up to my tapper and tap my brew into bottles then add tablets?

Yes for coopers.

Yes but don't pour straight from the tap to the bottom of the bottle or it will splash. Use a tube. There are how to's around here somewhere.

I've used Coopers and I'm pretty sure it's just 1 per 12 oz bottle and 2 for 22 oz bombers. That's also the description on the NB site for the Coopers tabs.

They have worked well for me, but take longer to carb up than just mixing priming sugar. One batch I did took twice as long as normal... But they worked.

Just saw that Coopers isn't made in the US and a "Longneck" is way more than 12oz in Canada. 1 tablet it is. How long does it take typically?

They have worked well for me, but take longer to carb up than just mixing priming sugar. One batch I did took twice as long as normal... But they worked.

+1
First I thought they did not work well, according to the timing, but then it all came out well - took twice as long as normal carbing.

I used 4 in a 2L bottle recently and after 2 weeks it was like champagne. Very highly carbed.

Back