Final volume 26L vs 23 L will affect the taste??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbuck

Reaction score
I did a red and finished with 26 L instead 23 due to evaporation rate.
Will it affect the taste?

What was the gravity?

Some people shoot for volumes. Others for a specific gravity. Others have it down so they nail both. As long as you got close to the gravity target, it should taste close.

did you come near to your target OG? if anything, if might not be as bitter but the difference won't be that much. if you missed your OG it won't be as strong.. it's still beer and will probably taste great

Yeah, you ended up with slightly more and a little watered down version than you were shooting for. No biggie really. I am guessing that you don't have anything to compare it to when it is done so can't imagine you would be able to tell any difference. You just have slightly weaker beer than you were shooting for. Don't tell another person and nobody else will ever know.

Well I did it before and wanted a tasty red as before, Im scaring it will have a water taste

Back