Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gargon

Reaction score
well heres the run down made a IPA little on the high alcohol %. OG was 1.070 and for the yeast i used California ale yeast. I mashed in for light bodied beer 150 degrees for 75 min. Cooled wort with counter flow and used a paint stir type device to airrate (rod with 2 folding blades at the end). Then pitched yeast and let it ferment for a week at 68 degrrees. It fermented then settle and still had a little activity before i noticed the possable infection.

I just transfered it to the 2ndary and tasted it and nothing to bad sticks out except the heat from the alcohol. im just wondering if anyone has seen this before and is there a way to fix it? i would just hate to see a batch goto waste and hoping it will settle out. transfer gravity was 1.018 if that helps

5507915502_25bba3ce4e_b.jpg
5507919924_fc8a4b7b4a_b.jpg

ok im freaking out cuase i try to cross every T and dot every I and the floaty's look like fungii but thats why i come here and post cause im sure someone has seen these usually everything gloops up the the side of the carboy so that was my worry.

ok im freaking out cuase i try to cross every T and dot every I and the floaty's look like fungii but thats why i come here and post cause im sure someone has seen these usually everything gloops up the the side of the carboy so that was my worry.

well...since yeast ARE fungi...you are ok.

Thanks for the fast response it'll make me sleep better at night lol. after looking at related posts at actual infections my mind is at ease!

Back