Bells offering free shipping on orders over $30 till Saturday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankHead

Reaction score
I went to their site and don't see free shipping mentioned anywhere except "on selected items". Is there some coupon for free shipping on everything?

When you check out select the basic shipping and right before you pay you can enter the coupon code which is HBF20120929. I'll be ordering tomorrow when I get paid.

Even without the discount for shipping, their prices are very close to my LHBS.
Thanks for the info on this one.

I live in Austin, and these prices destroy AHS. I almost bought a stir plate for $70 from them last week.. Soo glad I waited!

Here's a description of the promotion...
http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2012/09/bells-general-store-free-shipping-for.html

Considering their already very, very good prices... this is a smoking deal! I placed an order last night.

Thank you! I edited the original post to include the promo code.

Dank, I dunno know if I should be thanking you or cursing you. Guess I'd have found homebrewfinds eventually on my own (looks like i can 'save' lots of money there), so thanks it is.

Nice! Thanks for sharing that link and info. Got most of a brew kit coming next week, and will order a better bottle carboy and a couple kit ales tomorrow to get this whole thing started. Getting kind of excited! :D

Dank, I dunno know if I should be thanking you or cursing you. Guess I'd have found homebrewfinds eventually on my own (looks like i can 'save' lots of money there), so thanks it is.

HAHA! My fiance is cursing me enough for everyone! I just cant pass up a deal like this!

Nice! Thanks for sharing that link and info. Got most of a brew kit coming next week, and will order a better bottle carboy and a couple kit ales tomorrow to get this whole thing started. Getting kind of excited! :D

NICE! Glad you could get started for such good prices! Good luck, let us know how it all turns out!

I ordered a few things from them yesterday using the code. I haven't been to their site in while, but they do have some pretty good prices on some of their stuff - particularly equipment.

I ordered some DME, grains, and a few miscellaneous items. Their prices are really good and I hope they do this promotion again in the future.

Thanks! (kinda since I shouldn't have spent the $$$)

Finally picked up a stir plate and who can pass up a pound of cascade for $10! :)

US05 is $1 cheaper than the LHBS so I had to get a few. Oooh, the 2l flask is cheaper than the one I was going to get so I'll add that to the cart. Oh yeah, I'm out of Irish moss and who doesn't need another pint glass for the collection? That's $30 well spent.

Anyone know what the deal is with Centennial Type hops? All the other hops are Cascade, Willamette, but not "Type". Is that like imitation Centennial?

edit: Nevermind. Just click on the product and you get the answer. Funny how that happens.
" *Centennial Type is a blend to mimic Centennial Hops due to the shortage this year "

I went and had a look. Not too great, but with free shipping I figured tehre were a couple of things that would be cheaper.

Placed in basket, went thru to where you enter the code. Entered HBF20120929, hit apply and it did nothing. Shipping stayed on the bill. What should happen?

I decided not to continue. If anyone can tell me what to expect, I might have another go.

Works for me.
Subtotal: $30.60
Shipping (Bell's Saver Shipping): $18.13
Coupon (HBF20120929): -$18.13
Grand Total: $30.60

Just did my order, sweet deal !!

Brewer's Best® Ingredient Kit - Milk Stout
1 $29.00 USD $29.00 USD
Irish Moss - 1 oz
1 $1.15 USD $1.15 USD
Muslin Grain Bag - 5" x 28"
1 $0.55 USD $0.55 USD
Subtotal: $30.70 USD
Shipping: $12.00 USD
Coupon Code (HBF20120929): -$12.04 USD
Grand Total: $30.70 USD

OK, it worked. I guess I was only looking at the shipping charge, not the deduction.

Order placed.

Back