Ann Arbor Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayC

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in the Ann Arbor area for part of the weekend. Any recommendations besides the Arbor Brewing Co. and Grizzly Peak?

Any good HBS in the area?

Didn't get any recommendations, but I checked out the Grizzly Peak brewpub. Sampler was pretty good. Stout seemed watery, though. I just went into the Arbor Brewing Co long enough to buy a pint glass. Pretty loud on a Friday night, which seemed to really reinforce a college-kid sort of atmosphere. Grizzly Peak seemed more relaxed and friendly. I didn't eat, as I'd foolishly picked up some Popeye's chicken on the drive up from Cleveland.

Didn't spend much time in Ann Arbor. Spent most of the time up near Dexter for the Medical Wilderness Adventure Race, which pretty much kicked my ass, but I finished! Damn, I still hurt, though

Sorry I missed your post until now. If you were in Dexter on Saturday, you could have stopped by at Jolly Pumpkin. They're open to the public on Saturdays, you can buy their beer, sometimes they give tours of the brewery.

We are going to Ann Arbor next Monday (this Memorial Weekend) from OH & PA and taking in Arbor Brewing Company and Jolly Pumpkin. Looking forward to sampling some sours.

I know this an older thread; but if we're talking Ann Arbor, I have a great suggestion.

Blue Tractor Brewing

Great beer, great food, great interior, great people/brewers. I absolutely fell in love with a Falconer's Flight SMaSH they had on tap in December. I called a couple days later (I was only in town that one night), and the assistant brewer told me all about it. Very nice! In fact my batch is fermenting away right now. :)

Everyone seems to think Jolly Pumpkin or Arbor Brewing when talking of Ann Arbor. Blue Tractor is now my go-to when in town.

Again I know this is an old thread but some of my favorite local breweries have gone unmentioned.

Wolverine brewing is excellent and has a pretty diverse tap selection. Especially great lagers IMO.

Corner brew is good too, they are the sister bar of Ann Arbor brew Co. and technically they're in ypsilanti, but that's really just the ext stoplight over. They have some common taps with their sister bar but the selection is usually better at this location. It's also a little more of a dive bar than Brew co. is.

Jolly pumpkin is good, especially if you like sours.

Blue tractor is awesome as well, once upon a time my office was right above their bar. *sigh* those were good days.

Look me up if anyone is coming to town in the future. Happy to play tour guide :)

Back