kostritzer Klone???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's a damn fine beer. jamil's recipe looks good and from a quick search many say it is close:

BeerTools.com Recipe Library - Jamil Zainasheff's Schwarzbier

i'd personally replace the 0.25 lb roasted barley and 0.25 lb carafa I with 0.5 lb carafa II.

i'm going to brew a schwarzbier very soon...it's a favorite style of mine. just gotta buy that freezer...

I was always hesitant in the past to buy this. I think the label looked too much Nazi-esque (I know I know, but hey just saying). I mean the red and black colors and all :D. What a great beer. Yeah just brew up a Schwarzbier. Hmm, I'll have to add this to my Lager list for the winter brewing.

Ahh, the black beer with a blonde soul.

yeah, a blonde, blue eyed arian soul, lol.

i've never noticed the nazi look. it's a good beer. i don't currently have lagering capabilities. i may try a small batch with the wyeast hybrid lager/ale yeast, and see how that goes.

Death, if you like Kostritzer, try Moonlight Death&Taxes. It's almost like a dry stout, WAY darker than Kostritzer, but still clean and sharp like a pilsner. I think it's only available in Northern Cali on draft.

First opportunity I have to brew a lager, it's going to be a D&T clone for sure!

Death, if you like Kostritzer, try Moonlight Death&Taxes. It's almost like a dry stout, WAY darker than Kostritzer, but still clean and sharp like a pilsner. I think it's only available in Northern Cali on draft.

First opportunity I have to brew a lager, it's going to be a D&T clone for sure!

i've tried moonlight a few times. it's a bit robust for a lager, but i enjoy it from time to time. my roommate HATES it :D

i really need to get that fridge...my friend just told me his parents are selling an upright deepfreeze!! woot!!!

Latest posts

Back