Any homebrewers in Alabama ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since seeing this thread, I would like to ask if there are any current and active clubs meeting anywhere which are accepting members?

Sorry for the hijack.

What part of the state do you live in?

In Huntsville there are two active clubs: Rocket City Brewers and Huntsville Hopheads Homebrew Club.

I believe Birmingham is home to Carboy Junkies.

Not sure about the rest of the state.

I live down in Cullman. Since I use Alabrew as my HBS, I might check in on the Carboy Junkies.

Do you guys have any shops up there with a good selection of supplies?

I live down in Cullman. Since I use Alabrew as my HBS, I might check in on the Carboy Junkies.

Do you guys have any shops up there with a good selection of supplies?

We have Pearly Gates Natural Foods and Wish You Were Beer.

Wish You Were Beer is the only place in Huntsville for liquid yeast.

Its a shame I never did get around to going to Wish You Were Beer when I was still living in Huntsville, I hear its a cool place

I live in the Montgomery area but unfortunately haven't had an abundance of time for beer/beverages lately. Nevertheless, there was a club that used to meet at Deep South Brew on Thursday's but he closed down early last year unfortunately.

There is a second homebrew shop here though named Fairview Homebrew ( http://www.fairviewhomebrew.com/ ) but I do not know if the Homebrew club over here migrated there or not. I do know he does a lot of activities to try and get the community involved (per their Facebook page) including a Brew session at the store coming up in May. If you're in the area it should be a good opportunity to meet others in the area if nothing else.

Anyone know the status of the Auburn Brew Club? I have attempted to contact them twice by email through the website... no response in over 6 weeks. I would like to find some other brewers near me.

This is a pretty old thread, but I might hit the right folks. Can anybody point me toward a business near Huntsville that will fill CO2 cylinders for homebrewing?

Thanks.

I'm not in Huntsville, but if you look up your local welding supply store you'll probably find one that can help you. I bought a 5lb cylinder from mine, and when I run out I just go by and exchange it for a filled one. Costs around $15 for the swap.

This is a pretty old thread, but I might hit the right folks. Can anybody point me toward a business near Huntsville that will fill CO2 cylinders for homebrewing?

Thanks.

Nexair on Leeman Ferry Road will exchange empty tanks for full. That's what I do.

Any other HBT readers in the Mobile area? There are actually 2 homebrew stores in the Mobile area now with the tiny one on DIP that opened last year. Winesmith though remains the clear leader in that sector and we are darn lucky to have it imo.

I heard from a brewing friend that there is a homebrew club other than the LA Lagers in the Mobile area now but I haven't been able to find a meeting time or location with google and my friend did not have further details either.

Anybody from Mobile know the scoop on the other homebrew club? I went to a Lagers meeting at Alchemy Tavern last year but for various reasons it wasn't my cup of tea.

Thanks.

Sexton on Governors will exchange it.

Thanks, jpitts and brewbama. Newbie here trying to figure out when to start kegging... but temperature-controlled fermentation is the next big expense. Summer is nearly here.

In the mean time, I am giving "real ale" in polypins a try. It makes bottling day a bit easier!

Hey guys, been a while since I checked out the Bama thread. Any of you guys still active? By chance, anyone new to the Cullman area?

Ken

Good to meet ya. Out of two years of being here on the forum, you're the closest person yet.

Have you heard of any brew clubs local to us? There is supposed to be one here in Cullman but I've not been able to connect the dots with them yet.

Thanks for the shout.

Ken

There's enough for a brew club right there. lol Didn't I read somewhere that there was a club up that way called Huntsville Hop Rockets or something?

There's enough for a brew club right there. lol Didn't I read somewhere that there was a club up that way called Huntsville Hop Rockets or something?

There are cpl clubs in HSV... but I am not a member of either.

I've thought about joining a club, but all of the stuff I've found on the interwebs has been months or years old. I'd hate to drive an hour to H'ville for a club meeting that didn't have anyone at it...

I've got a move lingering over my head. The house I've been leasing for the past 4 years is in the mist of being sold. The home inspection was today. The move could not have happened at a worse time. Both because of the holidays and financially.

As soon as I get myself squared away at a new location - wherever that might be, I hope to establish myself with some locals or a brew club. I have had a sweet location to brew privately and in a sweet man-cave garage. I will miss it, but I know the beer can be just as good made from a back porch somewhere.

Thanks.

Try Airgas on Cochran. Cochran is located in front of the USPO off of Wall-Triana, just south of I-565 in Madison. That's where I get my C-25 welding gas. I'm sure they have CO2 as well. The do exchanges.

Good luck!

Back