When you're drinking your cheap beer, such as PBR or the like...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I notice a difference when drank from a can. At first I thought I just didn't like canned beer as much as bottled beer. But then I tried pouring it out of the can and it seemed as good as the same beer from a bottle. My guess is that while the inside of the can is lined to prevent aluminum reacting with the beer, the outside is not coated and thus the aluminum reacts with saliva and tastebuds.

My hunch is that pouring it into a glass reveals a bad beer moreso than ruining an otherwise good beer.

no.... why would i want to smell them

Because in the case of High Life you miss the smell of creamed corn? I dunno, I probably like AALs more than I should.

Even the very rare times I do buy a 40 of Olde English, it gets the glass.

A good half of the experience of drinking a beer is in the aroma. How can you enjoy the aroma if you're drinking straight out of the bottle/can?

I always pour into a glass. If I am at a bar where they just hand me a bottle, I will ask for a glass. If they hand me an ice-cold frosty glass, I will ask for one that's room temp.

+1 here, I had to do some research but apparently the frosty mug is bad... I would challenge that it matters on the BMC beers, but I don't want to taint my good beer. (pulling glassware from freezer) :confused:

I thought you were suppose to drink PBR from a paper bag.

Seriously, tho -- I hang out with a bunch of the Maker folk here in Seattle. Their events almost always have a keg of the stuff on hand -- collecting beer-money is one of they ways they fund their activities.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back