So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OG on my blonde was higher then expected. I guess I under estimated my efficiency. OG was 1.052

My Alt came out at 79% when I estimated 75%, then my Imperial IPA came out at 67% when I estimated 75% (I figured since it is a higher gravity beer my efficiency would be lower, but not that low). It's all a crap shoot sometimes. This week I plan on 70% but have it set up that if it goes up to 75% or down to 65% the beer will still be in style.

Brewed up a PM banana bread ale. I have high hopes for my second batch of this.

ForumRunner_20131103_171326.jpg

Bottled my Helles and toasted some oak. My first time toasting oak so I think it's a bit darker than I wanted, but that's fine. Tossed it into some cheap red wine I had sitting around from cooking lasanga on Friday, going to let it sit for a few weeks so I can figure out what I want to do with it.

My IPA recently placed in a competition and they sent me an IPA extract kit.. put that together today. Got a chili cook-off at work (after hours) in a few weeks, might just have a keg of IPA to take..

Gonna do an oaked oatmeal cream stout this weekend if SWMBO allows it. This may be a time when it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I can't stand having an empty fermenter. So what if I have 5 gallons fermenting in my other one and a couple of gallons of mead doing its thing (I forgot where I put it)?? Oh yeah, and that cider that's kegged.....yeah just pretend it's not there.

Gonna do an oaked oatmeal cream stout this weekend if SWMBO allows it. This may be a time when it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I can't stand having an empty fermenter. So what if I have 5 gallons fermenting in my other one and a couple of gallons of mead doing its thing (I forgot where I put it)?? Oh yeah, and that cider that's kegged.....yeah just pretend it's not there.

Nice. I was down to 2 batches of apfelwein, and one keg near death (done now) and another backup. I brewed 2 batches in the last 2 weeks and have the ingredients for 3 more beers and a 6 gallon batch of apfelwein. Just realized how much $$$ I have tied up in future brews. I gotta get brewing! Hopefully that'll be tomorrow...

Brewing up 2 this weekend. A clone of Mirror Pond, and an IPA with either the fresh cascade hops from a co-worker, or with some New Zealand Rakau and Pacific gem. If I do the NZ IPA, I'll probably do it as an IIPA. It'll also be my first attempts at BIAB and 2.5 gallon brewing. Have only done 5 galling batches so far.

SupervisingChildren said:
Nice. I was down to 2 batches of apfelwein, and one keg near death (done now) and another backup. I brewed 2 batches in the last 2 weeks and have the ingredients for 3 more beers and a 6 gallon batch of apfelwein. Just realized how much $$$ I have tied up in future brews. I gotta get brewing! Hopefully that'll be tomorrow...

It's not money tied up. It's an investment into your future.

Hopefully be breaking out new mash tun for first 5 gallon AG batch ever. I have pretty fresh Conan, so I'm just going for it and trying a heady Topper clone.

Brewing up Yoopers hoppy amber ale this sunday, modified it a little by adding c10 and a half pound victory, I hope it doesnt come out too nutty but it should be good either way :D

Doing a tandem brew with a buddy. He's doing a bourbon vanilla porter and I'm doing a chocolate milk stout. I'm trying to convince him to go partygyle on this, but I don't think he wants to share. Oh well.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had success with "oaking" a chocolate milk stout or would that take things over the top?

It's not money tied up. It's an investment into your future.

Haha true that. However, I should have invested a little more in the present for beer consumption as my reserves are dwindling and good commercial beer costs money. I never thought I'd say this, but I planned too far in advance haha

doing a double brew day this weekend. Have a Nut brown ale kit from NB, adding 2 pounds of honey to it for a Double Honey Nut brown ale ;)

Also have the "What the Fox" saison kit from AHS.

Looking forward to both of these, but really looking forward to having that saison bottle conditioning for the spring.

Brewing up the blonde part of a strawberry/+ maybe something else blonde. Did 6 gallons of adultered apfelwein earlier using dark brown sugar, corn sugar, cinnamon sticks, and notty.

I really want to brew that buffalo sweat clone finsfan posted up! But I need to kick a keg or two first!!

dude f@#* those other kegs, this will blow your socks off! haha for real tho you gotta brew it soon, I should be brewing it in the next few weeks, I still have dreams about this brew

Whatcha brewing? I haven't been able to brew in at least a month. I am jonesing bad. At least I have a promised next weekend brew. I am living through you all until then.

An IPA kit from my LBS. Can't wait to get my feet wet in this hobby!

You don't need luck, you need cleanliness, and beer.

Well, cleanliness is one of my main concerns. Beer will be involved for sure!

An IPA kit from my LBS. Can't wait to get my feet wet in this hobby!

Well, cleanliness is one of my main concerns. Beer will be involved for sure!

Just remember to relax, not worry, and be clean and sanitize anything that will touch cooled wort. It will be beer. Share your brewday experiences. And do not hesitate to ask questions, no matter how stupid they may sound. That is what we are here for, and we all were there.

Just remember to relax, not worry, and be clean and sanitize anything that will touch cooled wort. It will be beer. Share your brewday experiences. And do not hesitate to ask questions, no matter how stupid they may sound. That is what we are here for, and we all were there.

take notes on everything you do, it will help down the road!

Thanks guys, much appreciated! :mug:

You know you're a brewer when you take a day off work to use specifically as a brew day. I'll be brewing my Honey Nut Imperial Brown on Tuesday. Made the starter today. Psyched!

Brewing up an IPA this Sunday. Having my Brother In-Law coming over to check it out and once he sees how easy it is might have another convert into the addiction.

Back