Can anyone give me feedback on a Yamaha FZ1?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopdog

Reaction score
I have a minitruck I wanted to trade for a cruiser bike. Someone offered a 2006 FZ1 and I am strongly considering it. I would appreciate any feedback on this bike that anyone may have.

Know this, it's not a cruiser in the typical sense. You won't be laid down like a sportbike but you will have a slightly forward aggressive stance. This bike has 130 rear wheel hp and is capable of 150+mph, definitely not a beginners bike. But I personally love this bike, and would get one in a second. I own the Honda version the 919.

It's truly a great bike. A lot more comfy that a sportbike but almost as fast... to the point that it's the rider, not the bike.

Now if this is you're first bike, then **** no. Get something under 60hp.

Me and a friend took our bikes around the country for a month last year and he rode an fz1, I don't think you could pick a lot better bike for it without going to a fjr/concours/bmw.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=fz1+site%3Aadvrider.com&btnG=Search]fz1 site:advrider.com - Google Search[/ame]

Thanks for the info guys. I have been riding since I was a kid and have ridden a lot of different bikes.

Unfortunately... the guy backed out of the deal. He was supposed to come on Saturday. That sucks because the more I checked into the bike, the more I liked it.

Oh, well, hopefully something else will come up.

Latest posts

Back