My Craft Beer Hit List!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I got this fun idea for a project after reading the beer log sticky and visiting a Total Wine for the 1st time. I am going to start a log of all the Craft beer varieties I drink. But the difference to the sticky log is I will take a picture of each bottle I track down and drink as well as numbering them to keep a count of how many in total I've had.

Beer#1 Rodenbach- Palm Brewery

Nice cherry red color, very carbonated. Decent head on the pour that fades pretty quickly. Smells like apple cider vinegar. Taste is vinegar like upfront but not too sour, bitter, or overpowering. Not a very long finish and minimal funk.

My Grade - A-

image-1167584522.jpg

Beer#2 - Positive Contact - Dogfish Head

Yellow-orange like color with pretty good carbonation, decent head retention and lacing left on the glass. The aroma is a bit spicy and fruity, with tones of apples and the belgian yeast. You can taste the fuji apples and spices up front followed by clove and a short cayenne like finish. Pretty crisp and dry. It was an interesting beer considering the unique ingredients but I probably wont get it again, though it wasnt bad just not my style.

My grade - B

image-3101174908.jpg

Beer#4 - Lucky 13 - Lagunitas

One of the better Ambers Ive had!! Light amber color, good carbonation and lacing. Sweet malty, slightly piney and citrusy hop aroma. Nice slightly toasty malt taste with a good hop finish thats citrusy, earthy, and a little bit piney. The balance is great. Very well bodied but not too heavy. Very drinkable beer at almost 9abv that makes this dangerously pleasurable.

My Grade - A+

image-746956485.jpg

Beer#6 - Double Chocolate Stout - Rogue

One of my favorites!!! Very very dark color with smooth creamy brown head. Well carbed, good mouthfeel, and medium bodied. Intoxicating milk chocolate, mildy roasty and dark chocolate on the nose. Flavor is huge milk chocolate, just amazing. Great chocolate stout.

My Grade - A+

image-1328127870.jpg

ThickHead said:

Limited release I was able to spot out at a Total Wine in Miami. Almost didn't see it in an isle filled with about 300+ craft beer varieties. It was very tasty and I'm happy to have it on my hit list. If you see it grab it!!

hungry4hops said:
You should also do like a rating or description or something!

Will do, at the moment I'm just trying to get what I have on the list so far updated. I will add tasting notes and my overall rating for all of them in about an hour or so.

Limited release I was able to spot out at a Total Wine in Miami. Almost didn't see it in an isle filled with about 300+ craft beer varieties. It was very tasty and I'm happy to have it on my hit list. If you see it grab it!!

Will do...I was merely remarking on the Wilco (W) Tango (T) Foxtrot (F) with the "wtf" Don't quite know why it tickled me so much. :p

Beer#11 - Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' - Lagunitas

This beer screams amazing from the moment you pop the cap off. Nice golden pour that leads to a 2 finger head, very well carbed and decent lacing. Really big floral, citrusy, mildly earthy, and spicy hop aroma that is delightfully pungent. Lots of hop flavor but not much bitterness. Flavor ranges from floral and citrusy to slightly malty and piney finish. Not too heavy and full bodied but not dry either. Just a damn good all around IPA

My Grade - A+

image-1708707683.jpg

Beer#16 - Brux - Sierra Nevada/ Russian River Collaboration

Foggy yellow-orange color, lots of carbonation that builds a good head on the pour that quickly falls. It also contributes a lot to the body and mouthfeel. Mildly tart green apple aroma backed by a horsey funk. Not very sour, flavors of old fruit, citrus, medium farmers stable-like funkiness. The abv is really well hidden on this one. Unique and interesting, worth a try. Pretty good, but Id like to age a bottle for a year or so and see the difference in brett character, I think it will be amazing then.

My Grade - A

image-912769946.jpg

Beer#18 - Rusty Chain - Flying Bison

Copper orange color with a frothy heady pour that leaves a decent lacing. Nice crisp carbonation, dry and refreshing. Light sweet malt aroma. Malty taste up front that mellows out with what tastes like a slightly earthy noble hop finish. Pretty good lawnmower beer but nothing incredibly special either. Just a balanced session ale.

My Grade - B
image-2954003509.jpg

Beer#26 - Torpedo - Sierra Nevada

One of my go to IPAs. Light orange color, with a good heady pour. Very nice lacing. Pineapple, grapefruit, and a little mango backed by soft piney notes in the aroma. Pretty bitter and piney. You do get some citrusy fruity subtle flavors but not much. Not very sweet or malty, very hop forward well overshadowing the 7abv. Well carbed and pretty crisp.

My Grade - A

image-563916489.jpg

Beer#27 - Ghostface Killah ghost pepper beer - Twisted Pine

Nice golden orange color, little bit of head, little lacing but good carbonation. Spicy, peppery, citrusy, floral like aroma that you get from habenero and bhut jolokia chilies. Taste is similar to the aroma with a wonderful heat to it that starts in the cheeks and the back of the throat then rounds out on the tongue and follows down into your stomach. If your not a pepper head then this beer isnt for you. Ive found I enjoy using this beer to make homemade pizza dough too!!! I love spicy foods so my opinion could be biased on this one but this one gets good marks from me. My Grade - A
image-3009031331.jpg

Beer#29 - Lectio Divina - St. Somewhere

Orange/Amber in color. Very carbonated and heady pour but not much lacing. Smells of sour apples, old fruit, and a good funkiness. Not very sour but is nicely dry and tart with hues of earthiness, old fruit, sour cherry and faint banana. The strength in abv is well hidden within the tart mild fruit finish though its lightly warming. Obviously not a beer for everyone, SWMBO just took one sip and immediately voiced her disliking lol.
My Grade - B

image-2972359500.jpg

Beer#30 - Kashmir IPA - Highland

Very light golden color, not too heady, but really good lacing that notches every sip. Barely any noticeable hop aroma, slightly floral funky. Flavor is ok, not a very crisp hop character but slightly citrusy. Little bit of malt in the mid palate and finish but not much. Light to medium bodied. Overall im not very impressed. Its not a bad beer but its not a great beer. I'll enjoy my sixer, but I would rather drink a better IPA. My Grade - C

image-3205733448.jpg

Back