I have made beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03fxsti

Reaction score
My first batch (Kolsch) is legged and carbed. A little under carbed, and not sure how to remedy. It doesn't look or taste like Kolsch, but its drinkable. All in all, not bad for a first effort.:ban:

Congratulations 03fxsti! Welcome to the obsession.
you could try raising your pressure a bit for a week and see if you don"t like how it's carbed then.

I'll try it. It is an obsession. I already ordered my next batch.

Congrats! Enjoy that beer man. Hey I have to ask, based off your Username it leads me to believe you are a Marine. Am I right?

Doesn't look like a Kolsch? Whatcha mean? Pic?

Naw, no pics yet. I thought Kolsch was a lighter color, it just seems a little dark, and a little to hoppy. I did a full 5 gal. boil, and I never could get a definitive answer in searching whether I should adjust my hop additions. Now I believe I should have cut my bittering hops by a little bit. No biggy just part of the learning curve.

so did you pressure seal the keg and prime at the same time? Gow much did you prime?

If you're in a corny I wouldn't worry now and force carb it instead

so did you pressure seal the keg and prime at the same time? Gow much did you prime?

If you're in a corny I wouldn't worry now and force carb it instead

No priming sugar, just CO2. There is a definite possibility that I'm just being impatient. I set it up, and left on vac. May have had to low of pressure to it.

03fxsti said:
No priming sugar, just CO2. There is a definite possibility that I'm just being impatient. I set it up, and left on vac. May have had to low of pressure to it.

May 25th... impatient?!?! Haha! I have a Kolsch that goes grain to glass in 3-4 weeks. And it won an award... talk about impatient.

After a week at about 12 psi this is damn tasty. I'll be surprised if it lasts till my daughter comes home to taste it.:ban:

Back