Keezer/Freezer/Kegerator Inside Dimension Database

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSounds

Reaction score
When I was looking for a chest freezer for my keezer build, I had the same questions as everyone else: "How many kegs can I fit in there?". While the The "Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs" was greatly helpful, it didn't answer the question, because a lot of posts reply "I've got 4 corny's and a carboy in mine". The problem was, I wanted 2 carboys and 2 corny's in mine. What I really needed was a list of inside dimensions for freezers I can find in my area, to get one that fits my needs. That, unfortunately, is almost impossible to find!
So I propose a solution:
I created a "Keezer and Kegerator Database"
(Ok, so right now it's only keezers, but I'm workin on it!) It currently contains all inside dimensions I could find on this site, as well as measurements of freezers at my house.

I ask 3 things from the forum!
1) In the interest of helping out the future keezer/kegerator builders out there, please post the make, model number, and inside dimensions of any chest freezer you can get your hands on!
2) Let me know if I'm missing any critical information that would help one in sizing a freezer for their needs.
3) And finally, can someone help me post the HTML table directly to the forum so I don't have to cross-link Google? PM me for my real email, and we can discuss if it's even possible. I have the code, but my forum foo is weak! :confused:

Hopefully this will help the next guy purchase the right freezer the first time, for their keezer build!

Reference this diagram when posting dimensions:
Keezer%20Drawing.JPG

Kegerator version would have dimensions, CO2 location, number of kegs, and required heavy mods.

Like:
Frigidaire FRC445GB - Co2 on step - 2 cornys - (Inside dimensions here) - Relocate thermostat - Door stays intact

Or:
GE WMR04GAVBB - Co2 on step - 2 cornys - (Inside dimensions here) - Relocate thermostat - Strip inner door panel

I think this is a great idea - I jumped the gun and ordered the HD 7.0 cu ft GE and then thought twice about it, called the store and had them get an interior dimension and had to cancel because it wasn't wide enough for me (I want to be able to hold a regular commercial keg if I dont have homebrew on tap) - the GE for 1/2 reference is only 15" interior front to back.

I picked up a 7-7.2 Frigidaire off CL - the older version of the current model (723DW) - the interior front to back is 16 1/3" - will gladly get the other dimensions for anyone that would like them.

Love this idea!

Suggestion, is dimension D necessary if you know F and A? Same goes for C, E, and G? I just think that reducing the number of dimensions required will make it simpler for everyone. How about a small printable version to keep in our wallets to fill in when we're browsing through HD or Sears with the SWMBO?

BSBrewer:
Yes, I'd love to add the full inside dimensions of your Frigidaire. Please post them!

Guntr:
You're right, we can extrapolate some of the dimensions from the others. They are included in the table just to be thorough. Like the "H" measurement that only applies to freezers with a 1/2 step.
Wallet size would be a little tough, as I hope this turns into quite a long list! It would be great to get everyone with a keezer to add their dimensions to this thread, until we have inside dimensions of just about any freezer one might run across on Craigslist.

To add a measurement, I'll need (At the least) A, B, C, D or F, and E or G, along with the make and model number.

Keezer%20Drawing.JPG

If you have a keezer, please help a brewer out! Post inside dimensions here!

Will get full dimensions up for mine either tonight after work or tomorrow (since I'm off - and should be getting the collar on mine).

GE 5.0 cf chest freezer interior dimensions-
A- 23"
B- 15 1/4"
C- 27"
D- 15 1/2"
G- 17 1/2"

Thanks JuanMoore
Questions:
What is the actual model number?
How many corny's fit on the floor?
How many corny's fit if you add a collar?
Is the compressor hump on the right or left side of the freezer?

Thanks

Question, how are you dealing with the situation where "H" is a radius? Most of the freezers with just a corner for the compressor aren't squared off. If mine was, I don't think I could get a fourth keg in it.

Question, how are you dealing with the situation where "H" is a radius? Most of the freezers with just a corner for the compressor aren't squared off. If mine was, I don't think I could get a fourth keg in it.

After the "H" measurement, it is indicated if the 1/2 step is rounded. (I would actually assume that most 1/2 steps are?)
I could add a measurement for the radius if that would help...

What freezer do you have? Can you provide these measurements?
Thanks!

After the "H" measurement, it is indicated if the 1/2 step is rounded. (I would actually assume that most 1/2 steps are?)
I could add a measurement for the radius if that would help...

What freezer do you have? Can you provide these measurements?
Thanks!

I didn't see that before. The "H" value would be the radius, so there's no need for a separate measurement.

I can't provide anything off the top of my head. I'll try to remember to check it when I get home tonight.

Thanks JuanMoore
Questions:
What is the actual model number?
How many corny's fit on the floor?
How many corny's fit if you add a collar?
Is the compressor hump on the right or left side of the freezer?

Thanks

Not sure what the model # is. The compressor shelf is on the right. Two cornies fit on the floor, and four ball lock's will barely squeeze in if a tall collar is used, but that doesn't leave much room for anything else. It will only fit 3 pin lock kegs. There is a recent thread here that shows one with 4 ball locks and a 5# tank, but he had to wedge them in, and said the tank created a slight dent in the freezer wall. I'm in the process of my keezer build right now, and hope to fit 3 ball locks and a 20# tank.

Wallet size would be a little tough, as I hope this turns into quite a long list! It would be great to get everyone with a keezer to add their dimensions to this thread, until we have inside dimensions of just about any freezer one might run across on Craigslist.

Sorry, what I meant by a wallet card is one with your pics showing the dimensions needed, and room to note the dimensions of few freezer's worth until you get home to enter them here. So when you're in a store and notice a freezer you can measure for everyone's benefit.

Frigidaire 7 cu ft

A = 35 3/4"
B = 16 1/4"
C= 29"
D = 25"
E = 10"
F= 10 3/4"
G = 18 3/4"
H = n/a - the hump is a full one not a half and is on the LEFT side

Black and Decker 5.3 cubic foot model BFE53 - bought at Walmart for $150. Modeling shows that 2 corneys can fit comfortably on the floor and 4 can fit with a collar (as long as at least 2 of the corneys are ball locks). note I've only modeled the fit of the kegs - I haven't actually tried them in there yet...

A: 25 3/4"
B: 15 3/8"
C: 25 1/2"
D: 16 3/4"
E: 8 1/4"
F: 8 15/16"
G: 17 1/4"
H: Hump is full depth

GE 7.0 CF Model FCM7SUBWW from Home Depot

A- 31 1/4"
B- 15 1/8"
C- 27 3/4"
D- 23 5/8"
E- 9 1/2"
F- 7 5/8"
G- 18 1/4"
H- 15 1/8" Right Side Full Width

4 Corneys on floor with CO2 outside or CO2 on hump with Collar (maybe one more keg on hump, too)

Frigidaire 9.0 cu ft from Lowes
Model # LFFC09M5HWL

A - 35 3/4"
B - 16 5/16"
C - 28" (measures 28 3/4" and 3/4" of lid recesses into freezer body)
D - 24 3/4"
E - 10"
F - 11"
G - 18" (measures 18 3/4" and 3/4" of lid recesses into freezer body)
H - N/A
1/4 round N/A

Step is on left

Only have 2 Ball Lock kegs, but using cut outs, appears that 5 will fit on the bottom with 2 on the hump with a collar.

There are four dimensions missing from this list. Inside height at hump and floor. Overall height of unit at lip and top of lid.

Has anybody tried a 3.5 cubic feet freezer conversion. I have limited space available in the desired location of the keezer. How many tank(s) would fit in it, with or without CO 2 on the inside, although preferably on the inside.

A smaller keezer is prefered to having to go downstairs every time I want a beer.

Back