Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd Street Brewery said:
If we do I got dibs on any RB with a heartbeat.:D

LOL.

Actually it will go by waiver wire standing. Usually the last place team has first choice, but I think you automatically go to the bottom if you pick someone up on the waiver wire. That doesn't happen for free agents though, IIRC.

OK, kick 'em both out.

If we do, though (and I don't know if you're serious or not) - let's not go by the waiver wire. We didn't get a chance to do a live draft before, let's do a live supplemental draft. I don't know how it would work logistically, but take those what, twenty-eight players, and we'll draft twenty-four of them. Random selection for the draft order (hell, I'm in second place, don't hate on me for being good :D). Ideally, we could increase our roster size by one or two players as well.

What do you think? THROW 'EM OVERBOARD?

the_bird said:
OK, kick 'em both out.

If we do, though (and I don't know if you're serious or not) - let's not go by the waiver wire. We didn't get a chance to do a live draft before, let's do a live supplemental draft. I don't know how it would work logistically, but take those what, twenty-eight players, and we'll draft twenty-four of them. Random selection for the draft order (hell, I'm in second place, don't hate on me for being good :D). Ideally, we could increase our roster size by one or two players as well.

What do you think? THROW 'EM OVERBOARD?

I can't overide the system.

If it were decided to kick them out, though - could we just all agree not to place any waiver cliams on their players for two days to make them all free agents? It would have to be on the honor system, but we can handle that.

I'm a commish in another yahoo league and you can't delete teams once you have the draft. Unfortunately punks decide their team isn't good enough so they just quit and take all their good players down with them while the rest of us suffer.
Next year - Live Draft and a max of 12 teams!!!!!!

todd_k said:
I'm a commish in another yahoo league and you can't delete teams once you have the draft. Unfortunately punks decide their team isn't good enough so they just quit and take all their good players down with them while the rest of us suffer.

I agree, to all of that. We started planning it way too late this year.

Let's get past that and just have fun.

Yeah, we can't kick them out. I do believe however that I can start editing rosters though. I'll see if I can at least start players for those teams who aren't on bye weeks.

Who are the concerned teams? Only 2?

Dude said:
I agree, to all of that. We started planning it way too late this year.

Let's get past that and just have fun.

Honestly, it doesn't detract from the fun I'm having any, other than I don't know those guys at all so I haven't bothered proposing trades or anything to them. But at the same time, I wouldn't feel right kicking someone out even if we could.

Besides, I'm actually feeling pretty good about my running backs right now; Willie Mo Parker, Fred Taylor's Groin, Laurence Maroney, and Kevin Jones isn't bad as my fourth guy. I'd rather have a stud like Rudi Johnson, but not this weekend :D

Dude said:
Yeah, we can't kick them out. I do believe however that I can start editing rosters though. I'll see if I can at least start players for those teams who aren't on bye weeks.

Who are the concerned teams? Only 2?

See, I don't think that's right, either. They aren't participating, that's their loss unless they've communicated to you or us that something else is overwhelming their lives right now. We may, however, want to revisit the last-place-gets-a-homebrew prize, however, if the last place finisher ends up one of the neglected teams.

It'll be moot, anyway, Walker's got last place in the bag methinks. That's the only time he'll get to drink my homebrew (go PATS!) :D

the_bird said:
See, I don't think that's right, either. They aren't participating, that's their loss unless they've communicated to you or us that something else is overwhelming their lives right now. We may, however, want to revisit the last-place-gets-a-homebrew prize, however, if the last place finisher ends up one of the neglected teams.

It'll be moot, anyway, Walker's got last place in the bag methinks. That's the only time he'll get to drink my homebrew (go PATS!) :D

I agree. Don't start players for them unless they have asked you to.

If they don't come back for this weekend and you can edit their rosters and release players, I say do it.

Well, we know Drunken Sailors is at least following his team now, because he posted (back on page 52, I think):

"Argh, 202 points and where am I in the standings?"

So let's not touch his pot o' gold yet.

Also- D'Bricks, if I can help you in any way to beat Bruschi this week, lemme know. I've "taken an interest" in your matchup.

Hey, it never hurts a guy to protect his investment, does it?

On paper, I'm winning this week, but I'm not sure about my new adds - (Charlie Frye and the N.O. defense came on to replace Eli Manning, on a Bye, and Chicago, who's facing the Monstrous Seahawks). There isn't much difference between you and I- so if I can be a little Machiavellian, why not, right?

This is all in fun, btw. This is just my Diplomacy-playing side coming out.

Frye's interesting. He was auto-drafted for me earlier on, but I dumped him pretty quickly. He can scramble, which means he's always a threat for a running TD. He was certainly the best of the available free agent QBs, if I didn't have Pennington as my backup already I might have stockpiled him again.

You have any interest in trading one of your defenses? I know you don't want to deal with the enemy, but if there's something on my roster you want for depth, let me know. Really, I love Kevin Faulk, he's a great football player - but he's not going to do you much good on a fantasy team.

P-funky, I'll have to look when I get out of work. Damn firewall. If you have a spare RB for a week we might be able to work out something.

also, has anyone tried to contact our missing mgr? Would only be the polite thing to at least make an attempt to find out why they are slacking off.

todd_k said:

I don't mind 14 as long as they're long-timers. I figure guys that played this year are automatics if they want to play (and participated) and see what the interest is from others.

Live draft is a MUST!!

If we set it up well in advance on a night where we can all get together and have a few drinks while drafting, that would be great. Heck, we might even all be able to get on a conference bridge or something.

rdwj said:
I don't mind 14 as long as they're long-timers. I figure guys that played this year are automatics if they want to play (and participated) and see what the interest is from others.

Live draft is a MUST!!

If we set it up well in advance on a night where we can all get together and have a few drinks while drafting, that would be great. Heck, we might even all be able to get on a conference bridge or something.

Video phones and all. :D

Wasn't Walker going to hook us up with some kind of voice conferencing system? What the hell, did he have to go back to work or something?

I think 14 is too many when it comes to picking up free agents. Look at the free agents in our league now, who is worth picking up if you QB gets hurt? JP Losman? I think dropping the flex position would be a good idea too as that also "thins the heard".

I don't know why I'm so worried about this now. We're only 10 1/2 months away from the next draft!

the_bird said:
Wasn't Walker going to hook us up with some kind of voice conferencing system? What the hell, did he have to go back to work or something?

Yeah, I'm back at work, but I honestly just forgot about this.

I'll see if I can get it set up tonight.

You'll need to download "teamspeak" software. It's free. http://www.goteamspeak.com/

-walker

I got the teamspeak server installed and running tonight, but I am only able to test it from inside my network. I don't know if external connections are working right now.

Anyone of you fantasy footballers want to try a test for me? Download the teamspeak client from the link in my previous post and then PM me for details on connecting.

-walker

todd_k said:
I think 14 is too many when it comes to picking up free agents. Look at the free agents in our league now, who is worth picking up if you QB gets hurt? JP Losman? I think dropping the flex position would be a good idea too as that also "thins the heard".

I don't know why I'm so worried about this now. We're only 10 1/2 months away from the next draft!

I totally agree, once again. If need be, we can do 2 leagues. :D

Brewboard has 2 this year.

the_bird said:
I installed it, but I don't know where my headset is. It's probably buried in the office on top of my lost copy of "Complete Joy."

That doesn't matter... I just want to see if you are able to connect to it. Audio is not required yet.

-walker

Gents,

The voice-chat server is up and running.

WHat are we going to do with it now? I'll give connection info once I know the plan.

Walker-san said:
GWHat are we going to do with it now? I'll give connection info once I know the plan.

I THINK we were hoping to use it for the draft next year, but since you're WELL ahead of schedule, we should be able to make use of it.

Back