Good beginner brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehron

Reaction score
I'm about ready to start on my third brew after two successful batches. The first was a kit and the second was a recipe. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for good beginner brews. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the process, but I'd still like to get a good handle on it before getting into the more complex recipes or things like all grain brewing.

So, what are your suggestions for good beginner brews (and especially summer brews)?

Don't worry about what's easy. Are you Extract or All-Grain? They're all pretty easy. The only beer I've struggled with is a Belgium White.

So far, I've only done single fermentation malt extract brews. But, yeah, I guess most aren't too hard!

Although, I would love a good Belgian white!

I don't see how you could go wrong with either a nice American Pale Ale or an English Bitter. These are easy drinking beers. You should consider something with hops that you may not have tasted before to keep it interesting.

Latest posts

Back