Water Report from Ward Labs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtchuck

Reaction score
First a thumbs up for Ward Labs. Water report was done promptly & price was right.

Here's a summary of my report:

PH: 8.1
TDS: 160
Na: 28
K: 2
Ca: 15
Mg: 8
Total Hardness: 71
Cl: 6
Sulfate: 2
CO3: 6
HCO3: 139
CaCO3: 123

According to Wards, I have soft water!! On the upper end of the scale and not exactly Pilsen water chemistry, but a surprise considering that my water comes from a 600 ft. drilled well. I used BeerTools Pro & the water witch spreadsheet to adjust the chemistry of my latest brew (Munich Dunkel), but according to this profile, I should be able to brew a decent Pilsner with this water.... or am I mis-understanding the whole water chemistry thing? I've read & re-read Palmer, but I just don't get it.

Any feedback / help is appreciated.

Thanks

I am in your shoes too. Waiting on my results from the lab.

I ordered up my report so I get get an understanding about what my water chemistry looks like running out of the faucet and to learn about what adjustments I need to make it suitable for brewing a given beer style.

I figured once I get my report, I'd play around with the Bru'N'water and start planning for my next brew. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back