Baltimore Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmanzorro

Reaction score
I have a friend who recently moved to the Baltimore area and he's coming back to Texas for the holidays. I was wondering if anyone could provide a list of good local beers that he can easily find, to bring back home.

The only beer I can think of is Sweet Baby Jesus.

No limitations on style.

Thanks!

Frey's bottles a few of their awesome funky farmhouse brews, I'd look for those first. Any of the wonderful beers from Brewers Art, especially Resurrection in cans. Dog Fish Head has a lot of interesting (and weird) beers that are easy to find in the area. Flying Dog is practically a macro in this area and a handful of their styles are quite drinkable.

Awesome, thanks! We get a lot of the year round Flying Dog here, but I have yet to see any of their special stuff.

Brewer's Art is downtown and should have 750s of their Festivus available for sale at their location. Devil's Backbone is fantastic.
If he comes to DC between now and then, the Bluejacket Arsenal has a large sour beer offering.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

He got some DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus, Heavy Seas Winter Bear, and a few other random ones from DuClaw and Heavy Seas.

They're on their way here now!

I haven't been to Union in 2 years, but I remember they did free beer tastings every saturday afternoon. You just stood there and drank delicious beer. For free. Every saturday. It was cool.

Latest posts

Back