Rhubarb Wine - Bottle Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcbrew

Reaction score
Made a 5 gal batch of rhubarb wine, allowed to completely ferment....transfered to a secondary, waited two months, transfer to a terterary, waited another 2 months and bottled. How long do I need to wait till I drink? Or do you just test taste until its gone?
Thanks for any input....

rcbrew said:
Made a 5 gal batch of rhubarb wine, allowed to completely ferment....transfered to a secondary, waited two months, transfer to a terterary, waited another 2 months and bottled. How long do I need to wait till I drink? Or do you just test taste until its gone?
Thanks for any input....

6 months from birth to bottle should be pretty good... try one, if it's still too green (sharp flavors, off flavors, etc.) give it another month or so... unless someone on here has made your recipe before, and knows for sure, you are correct in just taste testing a bottle every couple weeks or every month and finding out on your own... ;)

Thanks!
I had made a concord grape wine last year and the recipe told me to age in bottles for 2 years. Since this was not grapes, I wasn't sure on the aging.
Again, thanks........will have to sample in a couple of months

rcbrew said:
Thanks!
I had made a concord grape wine last year and the recipe told me to age in bottles for 2 years. Since this was not grapes, I wasn't sure on the aging.
Again, thanks........will have to sample in a couple of months

2 years may do it... it all depends on sulphites and ABV as to how long it will last... most country wines (non-grape) though should be good to go 6-12 months from birth... if it ages well, then yeah, it will be really, really, good in 2 years...

YooperBrew said:
My last rhubarb wine was ok after 6-7 months, but really much better after 18 months. I would guess it would be better later on, but it's all gone. :(

I can't keep anything around long enough to let it age either... :(

Back