Java Stout Brisket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
I made a killer brisket this past weekend with my Coffee Stout that I thought I would share:

Don't trim any fat from the brisket. Start by giving your brisket a rub down of you favorite spice mix, I used: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, rosemary, basil, cardamom & coriander.

Heat a dutch oven to medium high heat. Add a bit of olive oil, 2 large sliced onions & 3 chopped cloves of garlic & sear the outside of the brisket. Reduce heat to low, cover the brisket with stout and add any desired seasonings. I added additional salt, pepper and some brown sugar to taste. Cover the dutch oven.

Simmer the brisket until tender (in this case, aprox 3.5 hours). Remove brisket, trim any fat and set aside. Strain out the onion and garlic from the liquid, set aside (I chilled the liquid to remove some of the fat). Boil the remaining liquid to reduce, adjust seasoning if required. Incorporate the onions & garlic into the sauce..top the brisket and enjoy.

Pictures would be nice here, but maybe just because I am hungry. It sounds very good.

Sounds REALLY good! I love a good brisket and will definitely give this a try.

Please send stout. :D

LOL!...didn't snap any pictures but it was lovely on the plate with some smashed yukon golds. Meat & potatoes!

send a self addressed stamped envelope to the address on your screen....:D

Back