Burton water salts and distilled water use rate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyikos

Reaction score
My hometown tap water has a silky, soapy texture on the tounge and smells like algae. I decided to start using burton water salts and distilled water, because I don't want to bother with formulating my own salt blend with separately purchased minerals just yet.

My question is, how much should I used in distilled water? The packet reccomends rate for adding a certain ppm concentration, what ppm value should I aim for assuming with distilled water I start at 0?

My hometown tap water has a silky, soapy texture on the tounge and smells like algae. I decided to start using burton water salts and distilled water, because I don't want to bother with formulating my own salt blend with separately purchased minerals just yet.

My question is, how much should I used in distilled water? The packet reccomends rate for adding a certain ppm concentration, what ppm value should I aim for assuming with distilled water I start at 0?

It's hard to say, since we don't really know what's in "Burton salts".

Back