Primed for 5 gallons, only have 4 gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakadaka

Reaction score
I put 5 oz of cane sugar boiled into bottling bucket, I only have 4 gallons racked into it.

should I rack more and get very cloudy beer? add water up to ~5 gallons? or just bottle the 4 gallons?

I don't want to get bottle bombs.

Its a blonde ale, so a little bit of extra carbonation wouldn't kill it, but I don't want bombs

You can find the answer by figuring out how many volumes that works out to, measuring the ambient temperature of the area where you'll be priming them, and finding out how many volumes a bottle can take at a given temperature.

Yeah I did a quick search on how many volumes I would be at, and tried to find how many they would take. I ended up just bottling it up, and put a little in some plastic bottles. My gut tells me it will be fine, but my logic tells me it might not be fine.

I put my bottles in my "bomb shelter" anyways ever since my first bottle bomb. Even if they do explode it won't send glass anywhere near me, and all of the liquid should be contained.

Back