Carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjasghar

Reaction score
I know this has probably been answered before, but hell i just want to double check.

I cracked open my first bottle last night, (a week early i might add *shame on me, i know*) and noticed that there was actual cabonation....

i was soo happy, not to mention it tasted just like beer!

but my question is:
There wasnt much carbonation at all, it was an ale add i got no full head on it, will there be more carbonation as it sits in the bottle past the 3 week mark? or wil it always be there as a tease?

Thanks in advance!

yep.... let it go a few more days and you'll find that it starts to carbonate. I'd say it takes roughly 4 days before the beer starts to hold a satisfactory head. Its still green beer though and will benefit from a month or so hanging out.

I just "tested" beer number two of a two week old (in bottles) batch of stout and was truly AMAZED at how it has developed since week one. Recommended one month conditioning and aging was what the directions said for this recipe.

Other sources say that beer like porters and stouts can develop charecter, body and head up to 6 months or more!

sirsloop said:
yep.... let it go a few more days and you'll find that it starts to carbonate. I'd say it takes roughly 4 days before the beer starts to hold a satisfactory head. Its still green beer though and will benefit from a month or so hanging out.

Ahhh ha! (bolt of lighting hit my head) I'm starting to under stand now. Thanks for the "heads up" ..... :-D

I crack myself up :D.

Back