Does TH's SpreadSheet Dilution Inc. Sparge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if TH's EzWaterCalculator spread sheet's dilution function dilutes the mash and the sparge water?

For instance if you wanted dilute just the mash, add 50% distilled and 50% your water you could just put in the mash volume and figure that part out. But what if you want to add your original water for the sparge water. Does the dilution of 50% consider the sparge water 1/2 distilled and 1/2 your water or all your water? Does the dilution figure into both the sparge and the mash water?

I usually uncheck the sparge water salt additions and it is nice because w/out a dilution I can see the effect of the salts to the mash and then to the sparge + the mash and it should be accurate. If I diluted just my mash water and sparged with my normal water would those values be accurate? Only if the sparge water was considered as Not diluted.

Thanks for any help!

Good suggestion. Until now it would consider both the mash and sparge water diluted at the one dilution rate. I just made a revision (v 1.7) which has separate boxes for the dilution of mash water and dilution of sparge water (hopefully without making it too complicated for newb's!!). Re-download and see what you think... www.ezwatercalculator.com

Wow, you not only understood what I was trying to say (I can tell SWMBO I am understandable) you made the mod... There is another post where I used it already to help RonRock with his water. It helped prove he could just heavily dilute the mash and use his own water for sparge and still keep the ions in range.

Your spreadsheet is awesome and I really appreciate the help/mod.

:mug:

Wow, you not only understood what I was trying to say (I can tell SWMBO I am understandable) you made the mod... There is another post where I used it already to help RonRock with his water. It helped prove he could just heavily dilute the mash and use his own water for sparge and still keep the ions in range.

Your spreadsheet is awesome and I really appreciate the help/mod.

:mug:

Glad to help out - with the spreadsheet AND with the SWMBO (although telling her that another beer geek understands you might not help much):D.

Back