my brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
I need help picking a brewery name (I hope no one else already has something like this).
It's going to be a sort of play on words with smart-ass. I'm going to call it ____ Donkey Brewing Co. but I'm not sure what synonym of smart I was going to use. Here is what I have:
clever donkey
wise donkey
shrewd donkey
sharp donkey
bright donkey

and using an alternative definition for smart I got:
dapper donkey

What do you think?

i like Shrewd Mule and Dapper Donkey...although i never thought of 'dapper' meaning smart. i thought it meant like 'snappy dresser'

the alliteration (or whatever other literary devices) tend to be more memorable.

i gave it a shot, but im too stupid to think of any on my own

Wheat King said:
i like Shrewd Mule and Dapper Donkey...although i never thought of 'dapper' meaning smart. i thought it meant like 'snappy dresser'

the alliteration (or whatever other literary devices) tend to be more memorable.

i gave it a shot, but im too stupid to think of any on my own

You're right, smart can also refer to style so dapper would be a synonym for that definition of smart. I like dapper too for the same reason but it kind of loses the smart-ass reference when you use an alternate definition of smart.

Brilliant Burro is good but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, especially after a few beers. Neither does Shrewd Donkey or Shrewd Mule. Dapper Donkey may be the winner but we'll wait and see.

My synonym search resulted in two that I figured I'd throw at ya...

Saucy Donkey...

Natty Donkey...

I like Natty Donkey but only because it has that Rasta feel to it... :fro:

"Ja mon take dis' an han me a bomber of dat Natty Donkey irie?...." :D

Ize

Dapper reminds be a being a pansy, you know, like dapper dan. I see some guy in a yellow suit with a baby blue shirt and a pink tie. Dapper doesn't go with smart ass in my book which connotes cocky, or brassy. It is a term that speaks of attitude, not style.

Brewpastor said:
Dapper reminds be a being a pansy, you know, like dapper dan. I see some guy in a yellow suit with a baby blue shirt and a pink tie. Dapper doesn't go with smart ass in my book which connotes cocky, or brassy. It is a term that speaks of attitude, not style.

The Brassy Ass is the name of the Brew Pub that will serve this fine concoction.

The other way to go at this is to pick the words that best connote smart and ass. In that case something like Intelligent Donkey would fit.

Brewpastor said:
The other way to go at this is to pick the words that best connote smart and ass. In that case something like Intelligent Donkey would fit.

Or Brite Butt Brewery? Seriously, are you committed to "donkey" as the replacement for "ass", or would you consider other terms?

Some of these are really funny! I'm committed to Donkey, it's the first word that can change.

Back