Water Flow Meter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After making a mistake where I was sure the conatiner I was using to measure my mash and sparge water was 2L and it was actually 4 Liters, I've decide to try and find a flow meter with can be attached to a hose so I can measure the water going into the HLT. A sight tube is not an option for me at the moment.

Does anyone know where a flowmeter can be obtained? How accurate? How much?

Well in canada you can try www.omega.ca or .com

they have that sort of equipment......I've order thermocouples for my work from them and the equipment is good.

Unfortunately for the volume you are looking for they run More than $100.

IGOR

true most flow meters are giong to cost you an arm and a leg. I to like IGOR have used omega products in the industry that I am in just not sure how much they would be for that application.. I will look into it some more. If you find anything out let me know I am going to need something like that for my system in the future.
JJ

A 2L soda bottle would solve your problem. If you mark your HLT, you only have to measure once.

Yeah but marking the HLT on the insid when its 2 or more feet above me.. I guess I just don't feel like climbing on a stool and looking inside.

May have to do that though if those meters are that expensive.
Maybe I'll make a sight tube and mark that then. Just don't like the idea of that getting broken. I guess I can use a racking cane for the sight "glass" since they are polycarbonate and good for about 160c.

Uh oh, another project..oh my. Still trying to get all the steel together for my brew stand.

Latest posts

Back