• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

GE 7.0 cu. ft. Chest Freezer - FCM7SUWW for $168 w/ FS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used this unit from Home Depot for my keezer build and love it. 4 ball locks fit on the floor, and a 5# CO2 tank with regulators fits on the hump. It has a small enough footprint that I didn't give up half my floor space in the corner where I wanted it, and the unit seems efficient. Mine runs a couple times a day for a minute or so.

I'm about to buy a second one with this sale to use as a ferment/lager unit. You just can't beat the price and the free delivery. They even carried mine downstairs...

We have these sales 2 or 3 times a year. I'm still hoping to get one soon. Unfortunately we don't get any employee discounts... lol

This is the in-store sale price, as well. Just picked one up, but not for homebrew. I needed a freezer for the side of beef coming my way on Thursday.

I just picked up the last one at the Fort Collins Home Depot! Super happy to add this freezer as the new lagering/cold crashing freezer (SWMBO is less enthusiastic). Going to brew up a pilsner in the coming weeks to break this in right.

Chromados

This is not the size of the previous 7cf GE freezer. I measured it against my 7cf that I bought when I built the "Rad Keezer", it is much smaller. I was hoping that I could replace mine with it since the compressor blew on mine but it's just so much smaller now it is impossible.

FYI everyone...I picked mine up today. It's a nice freezer and a great deal, but it definitely doesn't fit 4 cornies on the floor.

Regulation said:
3 on the floor? 1 hump? With collar?

Oh yeah....if the floor was 1 to 2 inches longer (towards the hump), it would fit the 4 on the floor. Not sure how tall of a collar you would need from a height standpoint, but in terms of length and width that would work.

I think someone made a keezer already with one of these he said 4 on the 4 is possible just have to muscle it. 10 inch collar for one on the hump

I think someone made a keezer already with one of these he said 4 on the 4 is possible just have to muscle it. 10 inch collar for one on the hump

Maybe that was a slightly different model. If it were an inch wider and an inch shorter in length it would still be 7 CuFt, and would easily fit 4 kegs because you wouldn't have to stagger them as much. I really don't think it would be possible without seriously bending up either you kegs or the inner lining of the freezer. If you make it work somehow let me know, but I'm not going to risk damaging the freezer or my kegs to try to make it work.

Do you think this unit is deep enough to fit a few 6.5 gallon fermenting buckets?

The dimensions of the bottom are about 15-1/4" X 24". The the Dimensions of the hump are 15-1/4" X 7-1/2". My one fermenting bucket is about 12-1/2" in diameter. If you offset them, I would think the you could fit 2 in the bottom, but you definitely wouldn't be able to fit another one on the hump.

Here is past posting for this model

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ge-7-cf-fcm7suww-keezer-conversion-192208/

and I got one too..couldn't pass up on the price

Interesting. The actual model number on my freezer is FCM7SUBWW (with a B in there)...Maybe it is the same as his, maybe it isn't. I don't know.

I only have 2 kegs at the moment, so I had to place them in there as tightly as possible and then move one while holding the other in place to simulate what it would be like with 4 kegs. I did it several times in a couple different ways and always wound up with about an inch overhanging the hump. Maybe if you can put 2 kegs on the ends and then jam the other 2 into the middle it would work. I just thought that a full inch was a lot to make up for that it could damage something. You might end up pulling the top or bottom off of one of your cornies eventually.

I'm not too worried about it personally. I don't foresee myself being able to brew enough to have 4 kegs tapped at one time anyway. It will easily fit 3 kegs and 10# CO2 Tank without the need for a collar.

Odd, maybe they tweaked something... that would suck. Mine was a crazy tight fit but it wasn't off by inches or anything. I actually took a mallet to the hump since all it is is insulation covered in a metal shell. It had a big bulge in it that I "took care of", lol.

MaxLoad.JPG

Odd, maybe they tweaked something... that would suck. Mine was a crazy tight fit but it wasn't off by inches or anything. I actually took a mallet to the hump since all it is is insulation covered in a metal shell. It had a big bulge in it that I "took care of", lol.

Maybe my spacial reasoning is just really bad....When I was trying to cram the last keg in there I felt the hump give a little, so I briefly considered making some "adjustments" with a mallet as well. If I ever get to where I need to fit a 4th keg in there I will consider it.

Hey, just an update. Might be Black Friday only but now the fridge is $159. I may call in to do a price adjustment on mine that I received Wednesday.

Mine is the FCM7SUBWW model number but I can still fit four on the floor (very tightly) and one on the hump (with collar). Or two 1/6ths and 2 ball lock with collar. Looks pretty much like the picture above.

I bought one from Home Depot today for $159. They aren't delivering until December 27th but I should hopefully be getting the kegs and components for Christmas.

I just stuffed my four kegs in there. I had to lift one of them and then the last one fit in "snugly". Pushed the lifted one back down at they are all comfy.

I will probably only do three myself and leave the hump open for a carboy. CO2 is going outside the keezer.

Back