bottling process.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixon

Reaction score
I am getting ready to bottle my first batch on Sunday. I would love to hear everyone's process of priming and bottling. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

Mix a little less than 5oz. with about a cup of water bring to a boil, cool, then mix with the wort. Put the priming sugar in the bottom of a bucket and siphon your wort on top of it to mix thoroughly. Then siphon into sanitized bottles and close with sanitized caps.

I have heard, but never understood or followed the advice to let the sugar water cool. What difference does it make? You are dumping 5 gallons of 70 degree beer on it! When I used to bottle, I just dumped it in the bottling bucket and siphoned the beer on top. Never had any issues.

I have heard, but never understood or followed the advice to let the sugar water cool. What difference does it make? You are dumping 5 gallons of 70 degree beer on it! When I used to bottle, I just dumped it in the bottling bucket and siphoned the beer on top. Never had any issues.

I've said the same thing for years...it doesn't matter one whit...You have the 2 cups of liquid falling through the air, then hitting your residual sanitizer and then being instantly dilluted by 5 gallons of room temp beer. It really doesn't matter if it's boiling or not at the time you add it...it ain't gonna be boiling for long....

I have cooling factored into my process, but it really doesn't affect it one bit.

Back