Crappy brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davy

Reaction score
Started my mash last night just about the time I found out it was going to snow figured I could wake up early and beat the snow. No luck! Anyway how is everyone else's brew day going.

-13 F here this A.M. Going to be -10 tonight. Good thing still brew inside, eh? Went to see the movie 8 Below today with the kids and spent 2 hours watching it blow and snow in Antarctica. When the movie ended and we got outside the theater it didn't seem any different than the movie!

Still planning to make a kolsch tomorrow and also bottle my porter.

Mine is in the primary and I am waiting for the air lock to commence bubbling.

As far as a weather update, no snow in sight in Philly but it will be COLD tonight! Single digits around my house, it looks like.

25 F here in the Dallas area tonight. On the way down to 22 it looks like. Amber Ale is on the stove now. Just added the bittering hops.

Not bad here in MA, about 20*F and clear. I will be brewing today or tomorrow. Most likely today, though, as I have never brewed in daylight, so I might try that out.

Still cold here finally cleared and managed to brew. Wooohoo. The one good thing about this weather is that my immersion chiller works a hell of alot faster since the water from the faucet outside is so cold.
Are there many homebrew stores in Hawaii BrewBrothaRick? Also any local island recipes on the island?

davy said:
Are there many homebrew stores in Hawaii BrewBrothaRick? Also any local island recipes on the island?

There is only one store on Oahu Island and they are only open on the weekends. But the prices are fair and I can get LME on tap and freshly cracked grain so I have no complaints.

http://hawaiihomebrew.com

The website has a bunch of recipes on it with named after areas on the island but I think they are just generic recipes with exotic names.

As far as adding some Island flair, well I'm not much of a fan of pineapple wine and I don't know how you could add macadamia nuts to a brew.

There are 4 microbreweries here: Sam Choy's, Gordon Biersch, Kona Brewing Company, and Brew Moon

BrewBrothaRick said:
I really shouldn't mention this but it's 12:30 AM and my thermometer outside reads 70 f right now.:D

No, you shouldn't have metioned it. My thermometer reads -7C and I'm still hoping the damn snow will stay away long enough for me to brew on Saturday. All I ask from the beer gods is to allow a 1 hour boil without snow. I'll handle the cold with a stout in hand.:)

Latest posts

Back