New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Guinness.....
C9FDDD59-8CA3-4BD2-8848-9AF21781D206.jpeg

Curious, where'd you add the citra? hot side or DH only?
I only used Citra in the Dry Hop charges. I used 0.5oz Columbus at 60-min (the bitterness really emphasizes the dank hop aromas), and split Columbus and Strata 0.5oz each 5-min, 1oz each Flameout, 1.5oz each Whirlpool and then Dry Hopped at high krausen with 1oz each Columbus/Strata/Citra and another dry hop charge of the same in the keg in a muslin bag suspended with dental floss. After a week in the keg, its really good

I only used Citra in the Dry Hop charges. I used 0.5oz Columbus at 60-min (the bitterness really emphasizes the dank hop aromas), and split Columbus and Strata 0.5oz each 5-min, 1oz each Flameout, 1.5oz each Whirlpool and then Dry Hopped at high krausen with 1oz each Columbus/Strata/Citra and another dry hop charge of the same in the keg in a muslin bag suspended with dental floss. After a week in the keg, its really good
Emac, you from Philly? Grew up in Port Richmond/Fishtown.

Drinking this Fee Fi Faux Giant Lager (Lutra yeast). 10% abv

Emac, you from Philly? Grew up in Port Richmond/Fishtown.

Drinking this Fee Fi Faux Giant Lager (Lutra yeast). 10% abv

I'm from Lebanon, PA. My best friend from high school lives in Fishtown, and my sister lives in Manayunk. I moved out to Arizona 3 years ago

Back Road Stout.
Millstream Brewery, Amana, IA. Always a favorite.
View attachment 717803

I used to love their previous iteration of oatmeal stout. Then they stopped brewing that one, created this one, and I never really got into it. It was always a bit too sweet whereas the Colony oatmeal stout was always perfectly balanced. I thought I'd heard somewhere they used to use lager yeast for the Colony oatmeal stout. I miss it...

not quite a pint lol, but its the beer I just kegged today. Force carbed the leftovers to split with my wife. My second time brewing a Belgian Dubbel, this is much better than the first as the first was quite thin and more like a biere de garde (but still good). This one hits the style much better for me. Nice yeast party (WYEAST 3787) with good malty mouthfeel. SRM a little darker than BJCP guidelines but thats the least of my concerns on this lol. Could finish a little drier for my tastes for the style but im happy to have 5gallons of it and taste it as it conditions. Ive had fun brewing these and enjoy the challenge of a nice dubbel, much more difficult to hit all the targets on this style than I thought it would be in the beginning.
IMG_9336.jpg

I hear you on the old recipe on the Oatmeal stout beersk. The back road stout is much sweeter, less heady, and a bunch more abv. A tad heavier also. I did prefer the old recipe. I tried convincing Chris, but the younger guys like the higher abv.
With that here is my pint tonight. HB Cream ale again. Easy drinking.
PXL_20210212_000539607.jpg

I hear you on the old recipe on the Oatmeal stout beersk. The back road stout is much sweeter, less heady, and a bunch more abv. A tad heavier also. I did prefer the old recipe. I tried convincing Chris, but the younger guys like the higher abv.
With that here is my pint tonight. HB Cream ale again. Easy drinking.
View attachment 718210
I have never talked to Chris about it strangely enough. A bit late to do that now I suppose. Cheers! Tonight I'll be tapping my Spring Fever Vienna Lager. I'll post a picture if it's looking nice and clear like the pilsner a few weeks ago.

Here’s me a “light” pale ale. Just got off a stretch of 11 nights, so taking it easy and preparing for 14°F lows here on the southeast Texas coast. But, I’m brewing for a restock too! A saison, so not all is lost 😅
304E34EB-2456-41AA-A719-6456CE4FF99F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back