Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my first label:

image-2737769983.jpg

I won't be bottling for a while yet. I plan on bulk aging this one for a couple of years. But I already have a label designed, let me know what you think:

Edit: I am now thinking that a big red pi symbol (π) instead of the pie would look better. What do you think? I'll try to make the change to the label soon and post it instead.

Summer Pie Mead.jpg

Summer Pie Mead Label π.jpg

mistercameron said:
Awesome label! How did you cut out around the image? By hand, or some kind of computer-controlled device?

Thanks! All cut out by hand. Slow process, but worth it in the end

DisturbdChemist said:
I think it was mesquite. Lol

I was thinking of changing it to that instead of twisted palm. There are a lot of "twisted" stuff in the market place. Trying to be unique lol.

Any meaning for yellow rose?

BTW now that I think about I think the mesquite is correct

Yes the Yellow rose has a meaning. I have a yellow rose that I got from my great grandmothers funeral. She was very dear to me and an awesome lady. I still have that rose and have it tattooed on my arm. Plus the name is fitting for Texas.

DisturbdChemist said:
Yes the Yellow rose has a meaning. I have a yellow rose that I got from my great grandmothers funeral. She was very dear to me and an awesome lady. I still have that rose and have it tattooed on my arm. Plus the name is fitting for Texas.

That's deep. You should make a back label with the meaning on it. One of the reasons I like Stone beers so much is that their bottles have a long paragraph on it.

Here is my updated label. I have cleaned it up and incorporated some ideas that I have seen posted on here. I hope you like it

Summer Pie Mead Label π Revised.jpg

My first effort. I need practice, but along the way they'll make good Christmas gifts for my in-laws.

481497_305661249551924_454461768_n.jpg

will be bottling this tomorrow

loco-va-ipa-label-rwb.jpg

the colors, batch name and "handwritten" note change depending on batch.

the "handwritten" part is my handwriting turned into a font.

the batch # will eventually be moved to the cap when I start using custom printed ones

& you can see where my avatar pic comes from.

the Jolly Roger is the battle flag of USS RE Hawes, FFG-53, the ONLY US warship allowed to fly the Jolly Roger.

ellijo89 said:
First label for my Flanders Red. The girl made them for me and did a far better job then I ever could of!

Very nice! Is opening the bottle hard because you used a cap not a cork! Really like the look

Very nice! Is opening the bottle hard because you used a cap not a cork! Really like the look

Actually surprisingly its pretty easy. The wax is thin enough that you can still get your bottle opener over it. Would suck if you couldn't haha

It sure is creative to do the naming and labeling while we wait....plenty of time to do so and very crafty. Nice work!:mug:

Hi all,

New to the forums, and to brewing in general. This thread is great, I'm really impressed and inspired by all the creative stuff people are doing here. Here are a few of my labels; it's a simple layout that allows for subtle variation. I haven't actually put them on any bottles, they're just fun to make.

(N.B.: The Porter isn't finished fermenting yet, hence the question marks for final gravity and abv).

Strong Ale Label.jpg

Old Ale Label.jpg

Porter Label.jpg

Here are my first two labels for the 1st and 3rd batches of beer (Alpha is in bottles, IPA was brewed yesterday hence the blanks). IPA will have a QR code too that links to a blog post.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

N

-------------
Five Nines Brewing Co.

Alpha Test.jpg

Initial Public Ale.jpg

Hi all,

New to the forums, and to brewing in general. This thread is great, I'm really impressed and inspired by all the creative stuff people are doing here. Here are a few of my labels; it's a simple layout that allows for subtle variation. I haven't actually put them on any bottles, they're just fun to make.

(N.B.: The Porter isn't finished fermenting yet, hence the question marks for final gravity and abv).

I like these. Simple labels are great. All i can think about when I see your label is "Oregon Trail"

I just downloaded a template that had neck and body labels on it. I stopped using them due to their pain in the ass-ness.

Back