Bell's Hopslam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my hands on a 6-pack of Hopslam last night ($20 at Total Wine) and tried it for the first time. I liked it a lot. It was a high-quality beer with a big citrus nose and flavor and it was very hoppy... but not overly, melt-your-face-off hoppy.

I don't spend $20 for a 6-pack very often so I'll be savoring the remaining 5 beers over the coming weeks... if they last that long!

Got a response from Bells on the hopslam and they say the recipe has not changed at all and they are interested in a batch number. So I'll send it to them and see what happens.

I was really hoping to have a few bottles to use to compare my own version with.

This years Hopslam are batch #10073 & 10074 that I know of.

If anyone else is still up for trading, I could offer up some of the west coast IPAs (Pliny, Green Flash West Coast IPA, pretty much anything from San Diego) in exchange for some Hopslam and Two Hearted. PM me or reply here.

Thinking about making the trade a little more interesting. I have a Nemesis from Founders, A batch 9000 from Bells, or even a Westy 12. I could substitute a bottle for so for one of the Two Hearted or Hopslam. Let me know if you got anything interesting. We can go with the original post though. It doesn't change shipping cost.I'm off to sleep, let me know.

Jim

About two week ago went to local distributor for a case of two hearted ale.

He told me the follow: when he called his master distributor:
lcl to m dist: need some two hearted ale
m to lcl dist: I'm getting 60 cases
lcl to m: I'll take 20
m to lcl: hahaha
lcl to m: then how about 12
m to lcl: hahaha
lcl got 2 (two) cases
and I got a case of hop slam for around $57

I managed to score the last bottle available (or so I was told) at Pinocchio's Beer Garden in Media, PA tonight. While it was pretty damn good, I really can't believe there is so much hype surrounding it. The best part was that I was able to drink it right on the spot, and afterwards shared a couple of homebrews with one of the guys who worked there. Eventhough it's about 40 minutes from where I live, I'll definitely go back there for some hard to find things here and there.

I thought I had missed out on it this year... but then, some 5L kegs showed up at my local beer store and the owner held one for me... I was so happy... I coddled it.

Bought a sixer a few days ago. Amazing flavor to this one. The citrus/grapefruity flavor is amazingly pronounced. It's 10% ABV but you would never know it by tasting it. Very smooth. Have to go back and get some more before they're gone!

I didn't realize this was so hard to find, I used to alway see Hopslam in the store. I haven't been in a liquor store for a few months, just been drinking home brew. I will stop in tomorrow and see what they have, I would have no problem sending some out if they have it. I think it was around $15 a six pack around here.

I finally tried Hopslam last week. It's AWESOME. Definitely made up for only getting one bottle of Sierra's Northern Harvest, aka, wet hop. As much as I loved the beer, it's definitely a pack I take my time with.

Just picked up a sixer last night. Mmmmm I love this beer so much. I remember last year the wholefoods north of Cincinnati had a 15 ft tall pyramid of hopslam cases. It was beautiful.

Back