behind wall kegerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcwarhammer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I finally picked up a spare freezer this week that I plan on placing in my basement bar. It's going to go underneath the stairs right up against a wall. So the beer lines will come out the side of the fridge and the taps will be mounted onto the wall there.

What is the best way to run the lines, which would only be a foot or so? Should I run a PVC tube from the fridge to a small box (made of wood or something else?) and have the lines go through that? I don't want to make it so the fridge is losing cool air and has to work harder to keep it at the correct temperature.

Thanks

You probably should run the lines through some pvc (with insulation on the outside). The lines will get warm and the first couple ounces of beer will foam alot. There's plenty of ideas on here where guys (and gals) have rigged up small fans/blowers in their keggerators to keep the lines cool. Hopefully one of them will join the thread and give you first hand knowledge.

great, thanks! I've read some posts that talked about that, but they left me with more questions than they answered, hah.. hopefully some others will chime in :)

Back