Great lakes Christmas Ale clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrey

Reaction score
I am looking for a clone for Great Lakes Christmas ale.

I searched the internet and couldn't really find anything.

If there isn't a recipe for a clone of this I could go with a tried and true winter/christmas beer.

It seems that all the recipes that I found there aren't many reviews on so you don't really know if they are any good.

Also I am an extract brewer as of now but would also consider a PM recipe.

I have the feeling that my brew buddy 'Yeast Infection' will chime in on this in time, he has a recipe that we did last year and are modifying now that is designed after this beer.

Sorry for the delay, I just started a new job and have been busy. Here is my recipe and I do not consider it a clone of Great Lakes Christmas Ale, but it is a good holiday beer.

4.7 lbs Dark Malt Extract
3.3 lbs Wheat Malt Extract
1 lbs Pale Malt Extract
1 lbs Clove Honey

steeping grains
1 lb Crystal 15 L
0.25 Caramunich 60L

Hops
1 oz amarillo 60 mins
1 oz Willamette 12 mins

Other things
3 tsp of cinnamon in boil for 12 mins
1 oz of freshly grated ginger for 12 mins

I had an OG of about 1.069 and used White Labs WLP820 Oktoberfest/Marzen Lager Yeast (dont ask why, I was not too experienced when I made this recipe)

Since im just doing all grain now, I am currently working on a all grain recipe that actually fits the Great Lakes Christmas Ale much more closely in-terms or color, IBUs and OG. I am waiting to hear back from a brewer at great lakes on some questions I have, and then I will post the new all grain recipe as soon as Im happy with it.

Back