Couple questions on Cider process

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewTodd

Reaction score
I'm using Notty and just cider. No added sugar. SG of 1.061

1. Is it necessary to stir a couple times if you get fermentation with in a couple hours?

2. Once fermentation begins is moving it to the cooler basement needed immediately? 64 to 66 deg is normal down there. Up stairs 70 to 72 deg. Letting it get a good start at 70ish bad, good or not needed?

I'm using Notty and just cider. No added sugar. SG of 1.061

Nice!

1. Is it necessary to stir a couple times if you get fermentation with in a couple hours?

No. Matter of fact, there is no need to stir it at all after the yeast has been added.

2. Once fermentation begins is moving it to the cooler basement needed immediately? 64 to 66 deg is normal down there. Up stairs 70 to 72 deg. Letting it get a good start at 70ish bad, good or not needed?

Mine usually start and complete around 64 - 68 degrees. No problem moving them to the cooler temps now.

Hoping this one will be low ABV apple goodness. I wish I had a darker garage the temps would be a bit lower and I would get s slower ferment. basement will have to do.

Back