Valve-Orifice from Brewers Hardware Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbentley40

Reaction score
Ok.. so I am trying to piece together what all I need to start plumbing my brewstand and I have a question for those that might know. Does the valve/orifice linked below act as a low pressure orifice and a needle valve to control the flame or would I need it an a needle value to fine tune things?

http://www.brewershardware.com/Valve-and-LPG-Orifice-for-BURN10.html

Thanks guys!

It's actually a ball valve i believe, but it does control flame size pretty well. I have one on each of my burners, and they're pretty easy to adjust to dial in my flame.

It's actually a ball valve i believe, but it does control flame size pretty well. I have one on each of my burners, and they're pretty easy to adjust to dial in my flame.

So you dont use needle valves at all, just the orifice/valve setup to tune the flame? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy needle valves too so I can start buying up the parts I need... and based on the two posts above I guess I can skip the separate needle valves. Thanks guys.

bbentley40 said:
So you dont use needle valves at all, just the orifice/valve setup to tune the flame? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy needle valves too so I can start buying up the parts I need... and based on the two posts above I guess I can skip the separate needle valves. Thanks guys.

You do not need to get needle valves as well. I have the same valve on my NG set up and control the flame perfectly from that orifice/valve you linked. Its gets kind warm, as it screws directly into the burner, but not that bad.

Latest posts

Back