Whats going on with my stuff man!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsbrew

Reaction score
I just put d gal of applewfein and after 2 days I had to take off the airlock and pu ton a blow off tube. While I did this I put my carboy in a box with the gallon jug that my blow of is running to. Now heres my issue. Right before I changed it out, the batch was fermenting pretty violently and pushing yeast out of the airlock. Now its doing its normal thing. You can see it fermenting fine I think but did I do something wrong somewhere?

Also if anybody wants to send me some brew or wine that'll get by till my next few batchs are done would be awesome!!!! I really wouldnt complain at all!

RDWHAHB - Violent fermentation doesn't last forever. There is a lot pressure when you are going through the tiny hole of the airlock... the blow off tube is what, 8 times the size? I'm sure you're fine. Give it a week or two, then take a gravity reading. If you're not about where you think you should be, then worry.

What temp are you fermenting at? If it was warmer before the blow off tube, that could be a reason.

Im worried about my yeast falling to the bottom to early. I think I know Im going to be fine and just wanted to makes sure (this is my first batch) everything is going to be ok.
I was a little upset I didnt get to seee big bubbles out of my blow off bottle!!!!!!! Oh well I guess Ill just brew another batch of beer to make myself feel better!!!

UUHH? The kind that comes in a gray packet? Im not sure man I went down to my LHBS and the guy gave me what he recommended. I have some faith in the guy so I listened and didnt ask any questions. It was only fermenting hard for a little bit. Its good and Hazy now and seems to be doing great.

Back