2 1/2 weeks in and saw some bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Reaction score
This is my first brew in a long long time. I brewed a pale ale ( O.G. = 1.045 ) on 10/13. It is in a brew bucket. I had bubbling in the airlock within a day. All is good! My apartment is warm and my fermentation temperature was about 73. I plan on getting a rubbermaid tub to hold the bucket in with water for the next batch. After 5 days or so bubbling died down as expected. But just now I when I came home there was bubbling. The temperature in my kitchen was 75', and I keep the radiators off. The stick on thermometer on the bucket reads 76'. I saw a few bubbles. I smelled the airlock and it smells clean.

So I am thinking ( hoping ) that the beer is fine and all I'm seeing is CO2 coming out of the beer because of the heat in my apartment. Does this seem reasonable? I would rather not open the bucket until bottling day, which will be Monday ( 3 weeks in primary ).

I would RDWHAHB but that will take a few weeks. Howvere, tonight is Relax, Don't Worry, Have Pizza and Wine.

That sounds about right. Warmer temperatures, and even a change in barometric pressure will cause the airlock to bubble at times.

Don't worry. As long as your FG is stable, you can bottle.

I think you are ok.
You may want to think of ways to lower your fermentation temps for future brews, but I have made several at similars temps as yours with no real issue.

Thanks for the words of assuredness.

The wine will taste good tonight, and my ale will taste great in a month!

Back