Whats your favorite food with a beer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Am I the only one or is there more out there? I have one food that i go back to, or long for, even dream of when i have a beer. It can be a hefe to a wit a light beer to a IPA....My all time favorite food is the one and only Buffalo wing.

So what is the food that the delicious heavenly beverage makes you long for?:mug:

Pizza. It is possible to drink beer without eating pizza, but to eat pizza without drinking beer? Are you mad?

A nearly impossible question to answer!

Spicy foods call for some biting IPA, IMO.

A plate of mussels requires, without question, something of the Belgian variety.

Cheese is a wonderful food pairing - if properly chosen. ;)

YMMV.

A nice bbq steak, tri-tip, or ribs. But at the Sierra Nevada pub the other week I had a nice big Harvest Ale with their fresh cod fish and chips. It was fantastic!

All i need is some Ramen noodles with a bit of hot sauce and iam
golden with a glass of homebrew. :mug:

beer goes with everything... duh :D

I couldn't agree more but I do have a favorite. And that is:

Szechwan Chicken Stir Fry

Stir_Fry.jpg

Everything, but mostly pizza.

Especially my own Three Cheese Overdose pizza. It actually goes good with wine, too.

-Steve

Wings...mmmm good

Smoked BBQ....mmmm good

Frango do Passarinha...delicious! (It's big cubes of chicken, flash fried so it's crunchy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside, and it's heavily seasoned --- I do mean heavy --- with garlic! They serve this down in Brasil. Usually with a nice french roll sliced on the diagonal...condiments usually include Lime slices (Limao), mayo, and hot sauce. If you're a garlic lover..and you like your chicken extra crispy...you'll never look at a buffalo wing the same way after this experience)

Beer goes well with everything, but I like certain styles for certain foods. I love lighter ales when eating bbq and winter warmers when I'm eating a hearty beef stew.

Depends on the beer, depends on the food, depends on the mood. If I'm eating out, I'll order a beer and then look at the menu.

Depends on the beer, depends on the food, depends on the mood. If I'm eating out, I'll order a beer and then look at the menu.

Yep, today I'm brewing (and drinking) brown ale and I have a 10lb leg of lamb cooking upstairs in a bottle of merlot and rosemary sprigs with onions, red potatos, carrots and a couple heads of garlic... only 3 more hours to go. :mug:

I love a plate of Green Chile Rellenos, smothered in cheese and green chile sauce, consumed along side a nice pale ale or a good pilsner.

Pizza, burgers, barbecue, any camping food, are all close seconds.

Back