What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodies properly disposed of?

Most of them. I got until tomorrow night to get them all gone.

When is their canned 12 pack hitting distro? I'll be down in Denver over Labor Day to see Book of Mormon. I need another Crooked Stave/better than Wyoming selection beer run.

Not sure. The new place is taking shape, but not sure on opening date (or if they are waiting until it opens before canning). I'll talk to head brewer at Breck on Friday night / Saturday and see if he knows any details. I'm heading to Cooke City on Aug 22 or 23. I can probably be a mule if you want.

Make sure you get the ones you hid, too. Nothing more embarrassing than your wife coming home and finding a dead hooker folded up in the sofa sleeper.

Not sure. The new place is taking shape, but not sure on opening date (or if they are waiting until it opens before canning). I'll talk to head brewer at Breck on Friday night / Saturday and see if he knows any details. I'm heading to Cooke City on Aug 22 or 23. I can probably be a mule if you want.

I appreciate the offer. If I wasn't heading down there shortly after I would totally take you up on that.

Since I'm the only one here, I just stack 'em in the garage like cord wood. Makes clean-up easier. :). I wonder what corner of hell I'm going to.

I don't know, but I'm hoping there's beer in the part I'm going to.

Hb Legends Never Die Saison...a little grapfruit zest in secondary is giving a little citrus flavor. First taste had almost a little metallic finish, but that went away pretty quickly. Carb is good...if anything, a little on the lighter side. Next batch of kombucha isn't ready yet, so I had to have a beer.

IMG_20150716_224151765.jpg

View attachment 290585

Jackie O's Oro Negro. Oil of Aphrodite with vanilla, cacao, habanero, oak and cinnamon. At least as good as Bomb!, never had Huna so can't compare. Delicious!

#stoutseason365 #properglassware

The similarity between Bomb and Huna ends at the type of ingredients used. Bomb is a great beer, but Huna is on a different level completely.

* Disclosure - I am a Huna homer, but born and raised in Bomb land.

Another two cans of Champion Killer Kolsch. Something's off. Could be DMS, could be phenols. Either way, much less impressed with the second round. One would assume they're the same batch, so who knows.

All Day IPA nightcap. Landed in VT.

Passed a car fully engulfed in flames where 91 meets 89. Fire trick was just pulling up. Hoping the car was the only thing lost- makes me wonder how quickly I would be able to unbuckle my dogs (harness seat belt clips)... Anyway, nuts car fire - never seen one like that.

I used a Sumatran from a local place for my coffee stout and it worked really well. Strong bean but it has lower acidity so you get smoother flavor without that bitter bite some more acidic coffees can have.

Did you do a coarse grind on them?

Did you do a coarse grind on them?

I used 3oz's and crushed them in a Baggie with a rolling pin and then added 2 oz of whole bean put them all in vodka for 5 days, strained them through soaked sanitized cheesecloth, sterilized some plain dental floss in starsan and hung them in primary at day 14 of fermentation for 3 days and I had a very nice coffee flavor. Now I still have some of that stout left as I bottle and I had onecthecother day at 5 months and the coffee was present on aroma but not nearly pronounced on the palate as it was fresh as I would expect. So if it's long term ageing is up the beans but Sumatra was a nice choice as there was just heavy coffee but no acidic or bitter bite from it.

Club brewed Dampfbier after getting a joint sour mash for this weekend's Gose and Lichtenhainer squared away. Temp at 120°F, pH dropped to 4.47, covered with saran wrap, and "purged" with a small piece of dry ice, and innoculated with grain. Will check in the AM and add boiling water if needed to keep the temp 110°F or so from here on out.

I used 3oz's and crushed them in a Baggie with a rolling pin and then added 2 oz of whole bean put them all in vodka for 5 days, strained them through soaked sanitized cheesecloth, sterilized some plain dental floss in starsan and hung them in primary at day 14 of fermentation for 3 days and I had a very nice coffee flavor. Now I still have some of that stout left as I bottle and I had onecthecother day at 5 months and the coffee was present on aroma but not nearly pronounced on the palate as it was fresh as I would expect. So if it's long term ageing is up the beans but Sumatra was a nice choice as there was just heavy coffee but no acidic or bitter bite from it.

Nice thanks.

What are you doing up this early? Usually only rats, cats, billy klubs, and bucknuts are up at these hrs.

Didn't sleep well and now that every hawk, other bird and every other ****ing animal in the woods is making noise, there's no possible way I'll get back to sleep. ****ing zoo.

I've never brewed this early. But, believe me, I really contemplated doing so.

Wow, when I made one all I did was take coffee grounds and dump in primary. Week or so later rack into a keg and have at it. I think I ought to use whole bean (cracked) rather than preground next time.

What are you doing up this early? Usually only rats, cats, billy klubs, and bucknuts are up at these hrs.

@Remmy is just excited about the new job. Coffee. Trying to not wake the telephone at work.

Beer
View attachment 290576
My poor little drinking buddy had a rough day. I set a trap for the stray cat that attacked him. Hope to catch him.
View attachment 290577

How was it?

Holy ****....Duval bought Firestone walker???
http://www.beerscenemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Announcement_Letter.png

Never would of seen that coming

Wtf? Boulevard and now this?

Congrats @remmy . Finally have a bigger paycheck on the way.

Had this last night

Attachments

• 1437130605940.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 46
Back