Brewing my 100th gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
Just started the mash (original recipe loosely based on a tripel) for my 100th gallon / 20th batch. It's taken me 2 1/3 years to get here, things slowed down quite a bit once little junior joined the the brewery staff :).

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the advice that helped me get to this milestone! You all rock. :mug:

Nice... Hopefully you'll hit 200 gallons (total) in half that time (~1 year)...

I have a goal of getting to 100 gallons of home brew in a single year. Not going to happen this year, but it might next. :rockin:

I started brewing last Feb. I did 80 gallons in a year, I am shooting for 100 this year. I am already at 25.... on track to do just that.

Wow, guess I had some good celebratory luck going on. I hit 80% mash efficiency for the first time, I'm normally around 65%. (stove-top mash in a bag).

Actually, I think it has to do with the crush of the grain. I ordered from a different place this time. I noticed that the mash was really watery, even though I was around 1.3 qt/lbs, which is what I normally do. I think it's cuz the grains were crushed a lot more than they are from the place I normally order from.

So for the first time in 20 brews, I actually ended up with a higher OG than I originally calculated. Fun!

Latest posts

Back