Problems with my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratphink120

Reaction score
My roommates and I made some American Bock Friday night with very little problems. We poured the Wart and yest into a fermenter with an airlock. Everything was fine, it was bubbling nicely. Then Tuesday night we saw that some yeast got into the airlock and the water was all cloudy. The wart is still bubbling, I'm just wondering what I should do, or if the batch is too for gone.

Sounds like you had a minor blowoff, it's no problem unless your airlock clogs up and stops venting - that can cause a mess when the lid of your fermenter blows off under the pressure. If the bubbling has slowed dome some, give the airlock a quick rinse and resanitize and replace it. If it's still going strong, consider replacing the airlock with a blowoff tube for a couple of days. That is simply a sanitized hose attached to the fermenter, with the other end in a jug of water to keep germs out.

Either way your batch of beer should be just fine.

Back