YAY Brew Sink!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Okay, I have officially designated a fermentation corner in the basement. I gots me a sink with a sprayer and everything. All I had to do was point out to the wife that her kitchen sink was pretty small, and presto, it's mine, and she's got a new double-wide shining away in the kitchen.
All told, it's taken me about 8 hours to put the new sink in, build a 5 by 5 L shape counter top with ledges aroung the edge to contain bottles and spillage, and put it into place. Well worth the effort. How many of you guys have your own special place??

Nice! The trusty garden hose does the job for me for now.

My own brew room, complete with double deepwell sinks and a drain in the floor is only a few thousand $$ away.

Sounds like a sweet setup Sasquatch! I currently have the back porch. Not as bad as it sounds though. It is enclosed and heated and cooled. Have a cabinet and hopefully will have shelves and a homemade "brew sculpture" soon. No sink out there........................yet!

I have a 2 metre worktop a windo ledge and am working on grabbing a kitchen cupboard.

I do all the cooking anyway so have full run of the kitchen on brew day.

I've been sent to the garage. I don't mind though, it's quiet.

Talk about a woman's lib movement, we need a man's liberation movement! Take back our kitchens!! Take back out kitchens!!! Burn our whitee tighy's!

Don't get any *** for a month :mad:

I guess I'll keep the garage... :D

Got my own little corner of the basement too. A work table, rack for my stuff and now two fridges. One is for lagering and the other I'm going to convert for kegs.

I use the garage. A previous owner built a bedroom there (where the keggerator lives), but left an L-shaped section original. I've got a deep sink & a stand for the mash tun, but I tend to open the main door and brew under the eves. Eventually, I get the rest of the boxes out of the bedroom area and put in a fermentation cabinet.

I'm still fighting the Family for the kitchen. I give them dirty looks and growl when they dare to walk through my brewery while I'm working. Seems to work, though I think they're really more amused than scared. I'd like to move the operation out to my shed, but there's no running water there. One of these days.....

sudsmonkey said:
I'm still fighting the Family for the kitchen. I give them dirty looks and growl when they dare to walk through my brewery while I'm working. Seems to work, though I think they're really more amused than scared. I'd like to move the operation out to my shed, but there's no running water there. One of these days.....

Get yourself a sign...cardboard even... that says:

"The Kitchen is now closed...but the Brewery is OPEN!"

...or get one burned into wood:

"The Brewery is OPEN" . . . that's the one I'd get. :D

Plumb the shed with a small electric water heater, a cheap home depot sink and faucets and set it all up so all you do is hook up a garden hose to the brew shed on brew day.

I use my kitchen. Once the days meals are out of the way, its all mine. I wish I had a nice garage area or basement set up, but its the kitchen for me.

I have the garage, I got a TV out there and usually watch football while I am brewing. I do full boils with a converted keg so I can't conqure the kitchen anyway, plus I can rinse the driveway off with the hose when I spill something hehehe.

I'm in the garage, as well. I coated the floor with the rustoleum garage floor treatment when we moved in, and nothing sticks to that! A quick hose and any brewery mishaps are history.

I did have the builder rough in the drain and water lines for a utility sink. If I ever get around to installing one I'll be pretty self-sufficient out in the garage.

Back