Beatification dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drez77

Reaction score
I have some dregs from a bottle of Beatification that I am trying to best decide how to use. My plan was to make a simple Belgian blonde and pitch the dregs into that and let it sit for a while and see what happens. But I am not sure.

Here are my questions:
Should I try to build up the dregs or just pitch?
Ferment beer with some think like wlp500 or 530 first and then throw in the bugs?

And lastly glass or plastic? and if lass should I do the Raj Apte method of the oak stopper to let some oxygen in?

I plan to brew the base beer around the week of July 5th so have some time to develop this out.

Thanks for the help

Sounds like a tasty plan, I just started a light Belgian blonde with Brett B and 550.

My personal preference is bugs in primary with the other yeast, rack to secondary and age in a better bottle, no oak stopper. I’m sure others will have their own opinions, but that is what works for my beers and my tastes.

OS, I was at your site checking before I posted this. Great site and thank you for having the information up there.

OS, I was at your site checking before I posted this. Great site and thank you for having the information up there.

Thanks, always happy to talk sours, feel free to email/message me if you want my opinion on something.

Back