explain this please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I made white grape raspberry wine from the welches concentrate.....let it ferment out and clear....tasted it and it was REALLY good...degassed it and let it set for a while......bottled it and it tastes awful now. It tastes like wine that needsa aged a few months or longer. what would make it go from smooth and tasty to harsh and bitter? It would have been better had I bottled it a month ago!

Did you taste the sample warm and then drink the wine after it had been chilled?

I made a batch of mead that tasted great in the fermenter and when at room temp, but when i opened the first bottle (that was chilled) it was awful! I let it warm back up to room temp and it was fine again. If this is the case, just give it some age for it to settle out

Yes. Tasted the sample out of the carboy. Drank the bottled cold. Stuck all the rest in the basement. Will open one in a month and see.

Back