Vinator Bottle Rinser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiGibbs

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased one of these and am going to use it tonight to sanitize bottles. Any of you guys that are using it, how do you us it? Do you do a few bottles then put them on a bottling rack until you fill or do you do all the bottles, then begin filling? Or just one at a time? Just trying to figure out the best procedure ...
Thanks,
Jimi
bottlerinser.jpg

Here's how I use mine:
1. Rinse 12 bottles with sanitizer.
2. Wait the appropriate amount of contact time for the sanitizer.
3. Fill 6 bottles and cap them.
4. Rinse 6 more bottles.
5. Fill/cap the remaining 6 from the initial rinse step.

Repeat until done. After the initial rinse, you'll always have 6 bottles that have had the appropriate amount of contact time with the sanitizer.

I allways rince the sanitizer out with water after. When I used to brew at the LHBS thats the way they showed me to do it. I do it with both wine and beer but Im not sure that it is nesissary. I do it out of habit now

I sanatize all my bottles and let them air dry upside down as I go. When I get a case worth of dry bottles I put them back into their case with a piece of plastic wrap over the top (1 sheet per case, I'm not doing every freeking bottle). When it's time to fill (not to long after they are dry) I pull back the plastic row by row fill and cap each one right away.

Pumbaa said:
I sanatize all my bottles and let them air dry upside down as I go. When I get a case worth of dry bottles I put them back into their case with a piece of plastic wrap over the top (1 sheet per case, I'm not doing every freeking bottle). When it's time to fill (not to long after they are dry) I pull back the plastic row by row fill and cap each one right away.

Are you able to cap with them still in the case? You must have different capper than I do.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Are you able to cap with them still in the case? You must have different capper than I do.

Yeah and I would have made a mell of a hess inside the box too.

I have a similar bottle squirter, I squirt each bottle five or six times and let them dry on a sanitized bottle tree. I realize that this is on the lax end of the spectrum, but :knock on wood: I havent had a problem with it yet.

- magno

Pumbaa said:

Damn, now that's a good idea. Never thought of that one... beats foiling the top of each one that's for damn sure...

Ize

Back